Question about game content and multiple Gms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

This questions is aimed specifically at the Vets that have been around a while and probabaly got a few GMS under their belt. I have been playing again going on a week or so and so far its been ok. However, i keep seeing multiple people with 30, 35+ GMS already. Now im not going to start the argument to wipe or not to wipe? My questions is, how is SOTA going to remain challenging to those that get all these GMS. I mean is there even a challenging part of the game once you get that many GMS? I would imagine when your up at 30+ gms there is really nothing challenging about SOTA at that point your just grinding bragging rights for GMS and building your gold horde much like a dane of old.

How can this be addressed with any future challenging content? What could be designed that would make encounters challenging for these individuals. What about in multi player with a guild or full group all with 30+ GMS? How do you scale content when theres no caps? Look im not saying it cant be done, but i wonder what will be challenging about htis game when you start getting up there. For me at the level im at its challenging just taking down an elder wolf(im being generous here not sure challenging is right word), but with each level just gets easier and easier and easier. My first thought would be well atleast the PvP will be challenging, but as we know PvP is on the fence and with all the back and forth whom knows whats thats going to look like. So PvP aside, will there be challenging content? Or is this a get to XX level XX gms and then its more the social aspects that keep you playing, or is there a way to address this with content?

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The way it works right now is not always about how many GMs you have. For example, having full GMs in Bludgeon and Blade trees won't make you any stronger than the guy with only full GMs in Bludgeon tree. The mobs resistance can also render some spell trees completely useless. A pure mage with full GMs in all spell trees won't be able to do jack on obsidian elementals.

For PVP, it is the ADV level that plays big factor here. Those with more GMs will more likely to have higher ADV level than those with less GMs. Once this get balanced out, then it shouldn't be too bad.

It would be great if the new content can focus more on things that involve puzzles or movement, or make them super hard that requires multiple people with different abilities to tackle the mob group.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.