Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bludgeon Changes Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 60 QA Feedback' started by Antrax Artek, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I tested today new bludgeon stuff on QA:

PRO:
    -New Break Armor is great, finally it has a real meaning.
    -Stun chance of Ground Pound (With Spec) could really make a difference in a group environment
    -Crushing Blow damage even if slightly improved seems doing average damage now instead of low damage

CONS:
    -Berserker skill duration and global cooldown is really problematic, contributing to the creation of really so many empty times which could result in defeat in both PVP and PVE
    -The lack of movement CC like slow and root makes it impossible to deal with any kind of mage or archer.
    -The overall damage has been improved a lot but it still remains on the low/average level compared to other weapons especially when berserker skill is not active.
    -Delay problem still affects bludgeons CCs , but as has already been said, we are close to a resolution.

Summing up:
    Bludgeon Tree has finally a meaning even if it can't still compete against some kind of fast character like mages and archers due to the strong lack of snare and root effects.
    The overall situation in PVE has been improved a lot, it's the first time I can defeat a dragon only using bludgeon without necessarily having to change weapons to apply dots.
    The situation in the party game seems to be exceptionally improved due to the increased ground pound stun and Break Armor improvement.
    Unfortunately, the branch still has so many empty times because of the global cooldown of the berserker skill especially when you go to charge it 6x (Considering that I really think the duration should be much longer).
    The overall improvement is however noteworthy compared to the previous situation and I am happy that finally the necessary attention has been given to this tree of combat.
    I rest confident that it will be further improved taking care of the flaws and details.

Good Job! :)
    @Chris

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Well said @Antrax Artek
    The berserker skill takes too much time casting the animation.
    We could use a ambush skill that jumps towards an enemy with a temp stun. That would finish our bludgeon tree pretty much. Or change the Ground pound to jump towards the target to do its work. This way we can be in melee range with archers and mages pretty fast.
    Then some more tweaks on the dmg and we are done.

3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i love Ground pound. and cant wait to see how these improvements work. Really loving bludgeon skills. Some work on break armor/weapon would be nice. I use charge and body slam for those mobs in the distance since i use a hammer/shield. Gets me to them....i just wish that range was a bit shorter. Have to almost be on top of them to charge at them. But do a charge and hit with ground pound does work quite well.

4. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Thanks @Antrax Artek! I was thinking of trying out bludgeon spec, sounds like a good as time as any.

5. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Great feedback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.