Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Info needed] in Blades / Ranged / Shield / Bludgeon / Polearms show range of current equipped weapon

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Kron Caledon, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

11/16/2017 12:19 PM
    Title: Attack skill in Blades / Ranged / Shield / Bludgeon / Polearms show range of current equipped weapon
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    Updated to show something closer to cause:

All attack skills in in Blades / Ranged / Shield / Bludgeon / Polearms showing as having the range of the currently equipped weapon.

- i.e. so if you have a sword equipped - Ranged skills would show as range = 2.5
    - if you have a bow equipped - Blade skills would show as range = 30.

Expected behavior - the Range in the description should show what it would be with the appropriate weapon equipped.

Note: this was previously filed under R47 as Bug # 52765.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...n-polearms-showing-as-having-range-30.103574/

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Equip a bow
    2) Mouse over description of attack skills in Blades / Ranged / Shield / Bludgeon / Polearms
    3) Observe that Range shows as 30 (or something appropriate to ranged)
    4) Equip a sword
    5) Mouse over description of attack skills in Blades / Ranged / Shield / Bludgeon / Polearms
    6) Observe that Range shows as 2.5 (or something appropriate to blades) - even for Ranged skills like Aimed Shot

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.693.Date.11.15.17
    Area: BasementSceneMedievalRow_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Row Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (35.7, 0.0, 108.9)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZU1lZGlldmFsUm93XzVGbG9vcnx8KDM1LjY3MiwgMC4wMDEsIDEwOC45MDIpfCgwLCAtMC4wOCwgMCwgLTAuOTk3KXw3MjYuMjQ5NnwyMC4zMjU1N3wxOA==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think you might have to have the proper weapon equipped to get the right information on the tooltip. What I find really amazing is that you sold teleport scrolls, did not know people still bought those as they drop all the time now :) .

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, we're looking for the special sauce for this. On both a dev and non-dev account I'm seeing it to reflect correctly. There is something that is clearly changing this number and we're trying to figure out what it is.
    On your last bug # we still couldn't repro or find the problem internally, either in QA or via the programmer, so we had hoped it was fixed for you when this went live.
    If anyone else has more info please add on to this thread because it may give the dev a clue as to where to start next.
    @Kron Caledon

4. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

@Lexie

See updated post! Mac helped to point out the special sauce - the range is reflecting the currently equipped weapon!!! (so it doesn't make sense when you have blade equipped, and looking at ranged)

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

@Mac2

I have been selling scrolls since shortly after persistence, and for sure sales have dipped since the scrolls started dropping more often.

In R47 - they did adjust the drop rate somewhat to help support scroll sellers like me, so sales have picked up a little again. :) Also - some people farm mobs that don't drop as many scrolls, so when they need a big batch, they go buy scrolls.

Mac2 likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OH good, I know some scroll sellers that were hit pretty hard by the drops of them, good to hear they can still make some coin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.