Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Distant Objects (Cannon)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Cypher Black, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

07/19/2019 08:54
    Title: Distant Objects (Cannon)
    Reproduction Rate: 100
    Blocker? No
    Details: The Cannon disappears at a very short range compared to its size. For example, the one in Whyte Roc is located at the end of the pier. (dock). When standing at the far end, I cannot see the cannon, yet I can clearly see the cannonballs.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place Cannon. Place Cannon Balls. Move away backwards and watch. Soon the cannon will vanish, yet the cannonballs are still visible.

I would suggest that a pass be made on all objects in the game to create consistency for visibility vs size.

For example, I can see the large Ornate Telescope pretty much across the map, yet the Large Lord British Telescope (Which is virtually the same item) vanishes at less than 1/2 of that range.

Also, houses, particularly standard row lots, loss their window covering at a certain distance and you can see right through the house. This seems like an easy fix (maybe time-consuming to adjust all the window coverings)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.QA.Win.64.854.Date.07.18.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc
    Area Display Name: Whyte Roc
    Loc: (134.2, 38.2, 265.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMTM0LjIzOCwgMzguMjI3LCAyNjUuODg3KXwoMCwgMC42MzgsIDAsIDAuNzcpfC0yODAuNDcyN3wxMS4xOTYxNnw2LjkwMTk5OA==

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Issue #65297

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.