Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

UI Requests and other Functionality

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@BurningToad (cc @DarkStarr)

Toad, I think you're responsible for a lot of this stuff, so this goes to you! :)

1. The permission system is awesome, but it gets in my way - a lot! I set my permissions on things and I don't want to see them anymore. I don't want to accidentally change them either. So could we please have a mode where the permissions never come up until you change the mode back? Like decoration mode? Maybe we can just set this to occur when you're in decoration mode only.

2. Decoration mode! Please allow us to create a time out feature. I can't tell you how many times I've been in decoration mode and not realized it until I already started accidentally moving fences and walls and buildings around. It drives me crazy. I never know what mode I'm in, and routinely click the modes on and off just so I can tell. If we're in decoration mode, could we get a very small GUI reference somewhere that tells us so we can avoid mindlessly checking or forgetting?

3. XP POOL for crafting and combat. I keep my "K" screen (aka: Skills) open all the time so I watch the xp pools. It takes of tons of space and it results in A LOT of extra server pings (I'm guessing) as people are only hitting K so they can see their pool. What would be great is if we could right click on the XP pool of the K screen and like the skills get a small GUI that floats to the right and shows crafting and combat XP pools and if they went up or down. That's it, that's all I need to stop hitting K over and over again. Your servers will thank you!

4. Agriculture. Could we please get a "fill all" button that will just plant everything in a single planting bed with the same seeds?

5. Wish Well. Could we please get an option to fill multiple buckets of water over time? I don't mind there being a limit to how many you can do, like 10 in a row. But having to click over and over again to perform 1 at a time is hard on the wrists.

6. Home Doors and Windows/ Fence and Wall Gates. Could we please get an option to automatically close doors, windows, and gates over a period of time?

Please consider.

Thank you!

Cianna, Pulsar, uhop and 4 others like this.
  2. Retro

Retro Avatar

I can't even believe we have to ask for this... you gave us a low XP indicator that NO ONE WANTS....This would actually be useful.

Pulsar and Sue D Nim like this.
  3. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Yes please to all 3 of these especially. Its somewhat amazing that with the huge amount of water someone needs to do any decent agriculture.. that they didnt automatically give us the ability to draw multiple buckets at once, in line with every other gathering or refining skills.... even mining nodes if you get meticulous collections it will keep going as long as there is ore to draw.

Likewise, literally any game where you earn XP has an easy and quick way to view that XP somewhere right on the main UI.. put it above the hotbar, on the character portrait, under the health and focus bars... whatever, just put some sort of easy indication there for us to watch. As Retro said, I can't believe we have to ask for this.

Pulsar likes this.
  4. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

Add my "yes, PLEASE" to number 3!

Pulsar likes this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah an XP green arrow or number increase/red arrow or number decrease so you know when to lock down skills.

6. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos As you will recall we used to have the xp bars but I believe someone felt it broke our immersion and thus we longer get to see the minutiae.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, I'm aware of that. My guess is that Richard had them removed.

I wasn't a big fan of those bars. Although I don't remember specifically saying they broke immerssion or I wanted them completely removed. Ideally, XP would mean a lot less, but unfortunately that ship has sailed and it's going to forever mean the world. With that in mind, I stand by what I wrote in the OP. I'm not looking for a return of the bars, just a small optional indicator that doesn't take up much of the screen (like the individual skills that show up when you level something).

8. Pulsar

Pulsar Avatar

Imo when i'm driving a car I need to have an eye on the level of gasoline. If you think you're immersion is broken, don't toggle the petrol gauge !
    Btw I think we should'nt have to ask to be able to toggle or hide the xp/crafting pool bars ! If you want a "complete immersion" just disable it.
    Moreover for those who want a "complete immersion" you should'nt have to play with your life pool/nameplate visible; you have [to be able] to turn it off cuz there's a heartbeat for critical moments too !
    Atm I'm lil bit fed up to open my skills window regularly to have a look on xp/crafting pools !

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Preachyr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.