Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ornate Dual Wax Cylinder Phonograph Light Source Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Ember, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ember

Ember Avatar

Currently, the item "Ornate Dual Wax Cylinder Phonograph" is considered a light source. But because the item only emits light when a wax cylinder is playing in the item and then promptly turns off when nothing is playing, I feel like it is a waste of a light source. :(

My suggestion: Perhaps the "Ornate Dual Wax Cylinder Phonograph" can be changed so that it is not a light emitter? The glowing/emission material is nice enough on it's own without the need for the item to actually emit light and it would be really nice if the emission texture can be turned on/off without having to actually play a wax cylinder. Maybe you can include an option to "turn the lights on/off" in the menu that comes up when you double click the Phonograph?

My use case/reason for wanting to turn the lights on/off is: Giving the owner/kindred/trustees permission to turn on the lights only (which would be visible to every player, not just client side) would be like a visual indicator to visitors to hit the play button or raise the Radio volume on their end. :) Like a "Hey, I'm streaming music now, go listen!" Also, while I think it's nice that you guys made a phonograph version of this, it's pretty pointless as a DJ booth. :confused: (I apparently missed out on getting the "Ornate Dual Wax Cylinder Amplifier" which is what I mistakenly thought the phonograph functioned as. #disappointed but still happy I got the phonograph for the DJ emotes. *shrugs*)

..... Also.. look what I accidentally did. :p

[​IMG]

Fiero Steele, Mal Hari and Numa like this.
  2. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Your ready to rock the whole block!

And I want to second on the fact that the light is only on while a wax cylilonder is playing.
    Imagine a 2hr party. Avatar radios jamming lots of people are there getting down. But you have to keep your eye on the dual phonograph to keep clicking a wax cylinder to play (that your not listening to) to keep the light on for the party. In 2hr how many times would you have to click it.

I also posted about this hope they make adjustments to these.

Ember likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.