Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected] Editing blank paper not in your inventory gives error on publish

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Sheamus McGuinness, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

1. Title: Editing blank paper not in your inventory gives error on publish
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: If you try to edit a blank sheet of paper that is not in your inventory, when you Publish it you get this error and it deletes all that you have written and replaces it with "...PUBLISHING..."
    5. [​IMG]
    6. Steps to Reproduce: Publish a sheet of paper that is not in your inventory.
    7. User Specs:

2. Mytaz E'll

Mytaz E'll Developer Emeritus

By design. Books and paper need to be in your inventory if you want to publish them.

3. Sheamus McGuinness

Right, but it errors out and deletes all the text that I already typed. Maybe only make them editable if in your backpack?

4. Sheamus McGuinness

@Mytaz E'll can we get a review of this? I agree that books and paper should be in your inventory to publish, but it should not error out the way it is doing as you can see in the screen shot. It says "Failed to publish because this book is in use by another player", shouldnt it say "Failed to publish because this book is not in your inventory". I would think you get the notice, but your already entered text should not get deleted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.