Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback on the hot air balloon

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Svahn, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I have tested the hot air balloon a little.

My very first impression of it ingame was that it wasn't high enough up in the air, and that feeling is still the same.
    Every other aspect of it is nice.
    Except that you mostly can't place it alongside your house which limits is use very much.

I would like the devs to consider placing the balloon basket 3 to 5 meters higher up in the air.
    Or slightly higher than the Obsidian Tower Town home, that might work too :).

The screenshots of it in the addon store, at least the last one, gives me the impression that it is high up in the air, which it isn't.

As it is now it gives you a worse view than the Knight Marshal house :(.
    It ought to be a bit above the normal tree line.

I have provided some screenshots that I feel gives strength to this.

In the images we see
    *the balloon inside a city lot sized courtyard, comparing itself to the wall tower and Knight Marshal house.
    *a closeup of how high or low the basket is compared to the Knight Marshal house.
    *a closeup of how high or low the basket is compared to the castle/keep wall tower.
    *a view of the basket being slightly higher than the Knight Founder house.
    *a view of the basket being beneath the tree line in a normal little village.

Of course it could be that the devs didn't intended for it to be a sweet lookout place, but if not that then what is it for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spoon and Leelu like this.
  2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I am sure that much later , it will be improved upon, as for the height , I believe they said there was a limit for now. Since they are still working out the kinks, I am sure is it going to be a lot of fun to float in. I just don't like the color . I am more the rainbow kind of colors. Bland colors have never appealed to me. I like a little pizzazz and sparkle. Getting tired of the browns, greys and black.:rolleyes:

Ice Queen and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

It would be nice if you could place it on the roof of your house, that would make it really high.

Cypher Black

Budner likes this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Kvow Triumvir and Cypher Black like this.
  5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Sight lines? We should be able to reach the stars!

The balloon is of no interest to me at its current price point until it is a free floating entity. But then hopefully that one is something we quest for in the game and can use on the overland map.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

@DarkStarr 's quotes doesn't mean that the balloon cant be put higher in the air than it is now.
    Only that it can't be placed on top of buildings, which is understandable.
    If it gets as high up as the highest village tower for example, no sight lines will be broken, I say make it so.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  7. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

At this point I really think the balloon needs some explanation in the article description on the add-on store, including what are the current limitations.
    I'm sure there isn't any *intentional* lack of info in it, but there's enough evidence in the forums for this need.

Numa, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.