Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Creating 2nd character - it allows me to choose a different last name

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Raven Swiftbow, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

1. Title: Creating 2nd character - it allows me to choose a different last name
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details:
      - I wanted to try out QA and see how the creating additional characters was working! (Excited about that!!)
      - So I logged in on my Atlara Skeuferyl account.
      - Clicked to create a second character.
      - It allowed me to use a *different* last name:
      [​IMG]
    1. Steps to Reproduce: Try creating an additional character and choose a different last name.
    2. User Specs: [sorry, wasn't far enough in the game to get the usual template.]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Raven Swiftbow, the plans for multiple chars mentioned in the quarterly schedule don't mention forcing a shared name at all. i think this is one of the early plans that was set aside because it doesn't make sense any more; we already have people on different accounts with chars with the same last names: it's not account-bound at all.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, I'm not aware of any forced last names. In fact, you don't need to take a last name now on a new character if you don't want one. There was a point where the last name was forced, which may by why you thought it would be on new characters :)
    @Raven Swiftbow
    It was awesome meeting you btw. I hope you enjoyed your Austin trip!

4. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Thanks @Alley Oop and @Lexie! Yeah, that was a 'thing' at one point and I guess I just 'missed the memo' when they decided to take it out. It was great getting to meet you, too, Lexie!! In fact, it was awesome to get to meet so many players who I had only known through the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.