Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Stacking -2 Values for Durability Loss Produces Powerful "normal looking" equipment

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Datendrache, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

4/19/2018 6:08 AM
    Title: Stacking -2 Values for Durability Loss Produces Powerful "normal" equipment

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? No, unless you are trying to sell powerful gear, in which case it could confuse buyers.

Details: The -2 value that is taken from each masterwork failure doesn't reflect the value of the item. In fact, exceptional, 2/2 masterwork/enchanted armor with exceptional crafted gear is still very powerful and displays as having no pluses at all (i.e., looks like a completely normal piece of armor unless someone inspects it.)

This is especially misrepresenting when using exceptional gear that can survive a few failures and still be as good or better than non-exceptional.

Possible fix: Either a -1 instead of a -2 because it doesn't seem like that severe a penalty, or simply remove the "minus" altogether because its already a calculated and displayed value that all items have. Going forward, I'll expect an occasional miss or two on purchased gear as the crafter should try to go as far as they can with any item.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Acquire an Exceptional +1 item
    2) Masterwork and/or Enchant up, noting the + on the weapon each time you succeed and fail.
    3) Note that the item loses durability each time it fails, and that causes a number to be removed from the item's "+" count.
    4) Observe: in the screenshot provided, this item probably would have been a +7 (Exceptional +1, Masterworks +3, and Enchanting +3) and still retains all these properties.
    5) Observe: the item appears as a normal item (no + modifier) although it's wayyyyyy more powerful than that.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.QA.Win.64.664.Date.04.17.18
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Festival
    Area Display Name: Festival
    Loc: (73.5, 38.0, 93.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEZlc3RpdmFsfCg3My40NjMsIDM3Ljk5OCwgOTMuMjYyKXwoMCwgLTAuMzgzLCAwLCAwLjkyNCl8MjQwLjM1ODR8NDYuMTc4Mjl8Mi40NQ==

[​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's a complicated subject, but I see what you are saying. You spelled it out nicely. It would make me to do a double take. I've submitted for review.

Bug #: 58075

@Datendrache

Datendrache likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.