More opportunities for player items in the loot tables.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British

This next release when player crafted items are sold to NPCs they will be added to the loot tables. This is a great idea and I love it, however, normally most the best player crafted items would never be sold to NPCs. I was thinking that it would actually be a really good idea to make another way for players crafted items to end up in the loot tables. Now originally the developers had told us when we died in areas some (but not all of our items mainly the ones acquired in that area) would be lost if we died and put in the loot tables if we didn't retrieve them from our bodies. Now obviously at this point, that idea seems to be mostly abandoned.

My suggestion is that we take advantage of existing PVP areas and only in those areas when you are killed by a non-player enemy you lose some items (with the ability to get them back) either by paying ransom or by retrieving them from your body similar to how it worked in UO. Now I am by no means suggesting what others want which is full loot. I am suggesting that instead when you die in a PVP zone in a PVE battle those items go into the loot table thus creating more opportunities for better player crafted items to enter the loot tables. This could also create more risk vs reward opportunities in PVP areas as well. However, I'm suggesting that the items lost in these areas end up in all the loot tables across the game so even people that never go into PVP areas have opportunities to get these items as loot items from PVE.

I feel like this idea is mostly a win for everyone since the majority of lower level players don't wander into the PVP areas to begin with along with those that avoid PVP. I don't really see any major drawbacks to the idea either. If this is implemented using the ransom system allowing for items to be bought back for cheaper than they would during PVP that would seem fairer. Possibly having both body runs as well as ransom as options so that you can get it back even if you aren't able to go back to your body. One more note only you can go back to get the items from your body it can't be looted by others well unless you opt in for that. Possibly there could be a popup if someone in your party tries to claim the items asking if you want to allow it for scenarios when there is a more powerful player in your party that can retrieve your items for you.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I have no idea what you just said. It seems a very confused idea is perhaps the reason for that.

Correct me if I am wrong but you are suggesting the following:

Cheaper Ransoms

Being able to toggle off peoples ability to loot you on the condition that you walk back to your corpse (which will be being camped by the person who killed you) to get the gear you need to defend yourself.

And if you die to PvE in a PvP zone (e.g. The Fall dragon) your ridiculously expensive high end gear will go directly into loot bags for non PvP players to get from supply bags?

Xandra7 and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. stile

stile Avatar

This is hopefully the first step, in a longer plan.

The idea being that if NPC's are able to buy items, then NPC's are able to help set pricing so crafters dont have to undersell.

Currently, yes, NPC's dont pay what anything is worth. but first the NPC's have to have a way to distribute. I.E. items they buy going into the loot table.

Future steps can then begin to database and monitoring pricing, and establish what an item SHOULD be bought for, by an NPC, whatever that Port determines is best.

This can then help very long term in establishing a way for crafters to have a way to sell where they can at least break even to npc's and then that forces players to have to pay a crafter for their time by paying a bit more, would be the ideal way to go in my opinion. I can even see where this could go, 10 years from now in terms of being combined with some other things.. but i digress.

regardless, these future things, or any future things, cannot happen, until the first step is put into place.

Jaesun and Rada Torment like this.
  4. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

The body runs would only for PVE not PVP as well as the cheaper ransom and ransom would only be required if you didn't do the body run. This would only be in PVP Zones not for PVPers doing PVE in other zones. Anyone not just PVPers that enter a PVE zone would have the same thing happen to them if they died. Both PVP and Non-PVP Players would get the loot during PVE in all areas of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.