Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Game client window does not start centered when starting

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by scroda, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

4/19/2018 2:53 PM
    Title: Game client window does not start centered when starting
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? n
    Details:

If the game is exited while in maximized window mode, it will start the next time at the full resolution(size) but not in maximized mode. Also, it spawns askew instead of at horizontal pixel 0 and vertical pixel 0 it seems to spawn at +20,+20 or so.

It would be nice if it remembered your previous non-maximized window size, which it does if the game is exited in non-maximized mode but it does not if the game is exited while in maximized window mode.

Also, while hitting alt-enter to go into borderless window mode or starting the game in borderless window mode it would be nice to have it fill the whole screen. Currently it will fill the screen up to where the top title bar is and down to where the taskbar is except the title bar and taskbar are just blacked out instead of filled with rendered game.

Also while returning from borderless window mode to windowed mode, the window will again not be maximized if it had been previously.

Steps to Reproduce: Open up the game client after exiting in maximized window mode
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (6) System RAM: 16344
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.664.Date.04.17.18
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Northwood
    Area Display Name: Northwood
    Loc: (-233.6, 36.0, -29.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCgtMjMzLjU2MSwgMzUuOTkyLCAtMjkuODA0KXwoMCwgMC4zNDQsIDAsIC0wLjkzOSl8MzE5LjkzNDJ8MTMuMjc0MjZ8Ny42MzEyMw==

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I just noticed that if you enter borderless window mode via alt-enter while the game is in window mode at a much smaller than fullscreen size, then the game will zoom in at the current resolution instead of changing the resolution to fullscreen size.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not as in some rare cases it's nice to give your GPU less work to do, like with 4K resolution. Where my undersampling and supersampling options at? @Chris

Those options would also help people at min. spec.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 58395, thank you
    @scroda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.