SotaQM: Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Alcedes, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

So, "Ghost" and I were talking about this today. We were wondering if the community is ready for this to be resurrected and updated?

We really would like to provide this tool to the players but neither of us really want to float the hosting cost? So we are just kind of trying to get a feel for whether or not the community would be interested in keeping SotAQM alive through Patreon?

For those of you who do not remember:

SOTAQM was the crafting site i put up for the community about 1.5 years ago. the one with the pulldown menus that made crafting anything super easy and applied the material bonuses for you. It removed ALL confusion and questions from the crafting system. this allowed you to fully craft a full suit of armor on the site and view the total accumulated stats from all pieces combined.,

it also provided a complete list of total components needed, broken down by piece or viewed as a total. And would also display the estimated total cost to purchase each component based on current average market prices.

I was forced to take the site down due to VERY high traffic and VERY little funding.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Bambino likes this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I'm willing to chip in. What are the estimated costs you're looking at?

3. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

Our costs before were about $75 a month due to the high traffic volume. We are looking into a way to lower the costs as we speak.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    that_shawn_guy likes this.
  4. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

We are thinking we can get it online and going for under $40 per month with some new tricks we have learned.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.