Questions about magic summons

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Landor Gerrano, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Hello,

do summons have some hidden abilities? Im currently able to summon a water elemental and working toward a Lich (which needs a very difficult quest where i need to beat a strong enemy)

I read somehere that earth elemental summons are imun to magic dmg?

Is there a list out there which tells me what summons can do? like spells and which i can combo with them up?`

I appreciate any kind of information!

2. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Got my first information out of the newest update , still need know about others!
    • Water Elemental Healing Fix: We fixed an issue that would stop the Water Elemental from healing you during combat, which was kind of the only point of having this elemental summoned in the first place!

3. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

The water one does heal. The lich as far as I have seen hits kinda hard. Pets still need some work and Chris just hasn't gotten to them yet.

EDIT: Oh and the moon one can debuff enemies.

4. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

DO NOT BY ANY REASON BELIEVE SUMMONS ARE USEFUL! Only useful summon (read: least useless from bunch of useless crap) is water elemental that here and then heal you little bit. All summons and I mean elementals or undead you summon with magic skills are crap. They don't deal any damage, they don't tank nor they do have any fancy things to help you with.

Example. I have Fire Elemental 80, fire attunement 170. My fire elemental deal about 6-12 points of damage with each attack. However it is so WEAK that it cannot solo 5 monsters from challenge level 1 area without dying. Okay elementals are immune to damage from the magic skills they come from, but so what? It does not damage anything, thus it will never get any aggro and they dies to pretty much everything.

Only purpose of summons are for roleplaying situations. Example: BEHOLD my power as I summons elemental or undead X! But die to one angry squirrel if you use if for anything but visual looks.

Yes...you need to level summons them up to get that magic tree attunement but summons themselfves have ZERO use. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Landor Gerrano likes this.
  5. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Thank you. My experience are the same so far.
    I like them mostly because of the looks. I was dissapointed by the ice elemental since he was a "higher" spell than the water elemental. He did so less damage, didnt slow or wasnt able to tank any kind of damage.

I am mostly a solo player and I like to have a companion and since taming needs to much resources, for now, im stuck with magic summons.
    Hopefully are they going to rework/overhaul them and make them somewhat able to tank or deal damage, depending on their typ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.