Bludgeon skill weapon : different damage type ?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by karamonde, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karamonde

karamonde Avatar

Hello,

yesterday i was inquiring if there was a reason to use a 2H Mace versus a 2H Axe, and someone on a streaming chan told me that different weapons in the bludgeoning tree have different type of damage. Like Axe deal slash damage and Mace deal blunt damage.

From there it implie that enemies have different phyisical resist, like a Skeleton would take more damage from blunt than slash. But when i look at my combat log i dont see any different physical damage message.

Is it an hidden thing ?

If all of this is false, is there any reason to use said 2H Axe over a 2H mace if they have the same damage but for visual preference ?

Thx in advance fellow Avatars :)

[ps : sorry for my bad english]

Vodalian and Baratan like this.
  2. The Thunderwolf

The Thunderwolf Avatar

I would like to know as well. I have been usinf hammer and axe and there seems to be no difference but I excusively only see axes for sell, almost no hammer... which is sad I prefer 2h hammers for the look of my character.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

as far as i've ever heard, physical damage is physical damage. there is no slash vs. blunt. axes do have an advantage being bladed, though, in that poisons work with them. maces and hammers have a penalty applied to poison use that axes don't get.

4. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

As far as I know they all three do the same: Maces, Axes, Hammers. The differences would be in the material used for the weapon head and handle. You might try the EVL new player vendor in Soltown or Outlander Welcome Center to see the differences in all three. I believe all three are on those vendors. They are no, of course, enchanted or masterworked. And if you want to put a pattern on they each only go on the one weapon type, axe, mace, hammer.

Did not know about the poison issue.

5. The Thunderwolf

The Thunderwolf Avatar

Thanks for that. So Axe are superior for that reason... Hammer strength bonus should be very high instead of high to balance this then...

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I main Bludgeon... and I have not seen a difference in over a year's time. However, against undead I seem to do more damage with Bludgeon than I do with Blades and vice-versa against living... but I have never gone through the logs to verify it. I am GM in both trees, but prefer/main bludgeon.

7. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

As mentioned by @Alley Oop , Axes have no poison penalty.
    Base Hammers and Maces have both a 1 point higher top damage and 1 point higher top parry.
    I am sure there is also a difference between hammers and maces we just have not discovered them yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Now that you mention that, I always wondered if the icons to the bludgeon tree played a rule. Like do Maces do are more effective Crushing Blow, Break armor and Break weapon, and Hammers more effective with skills like Knockback ,Knockdown and Ground Pound. For at least Ground Pound it would make more sense for it to do more damage with a a hammer, but my guess is it was thought about as a great idea... then never really implemented... It would put it at odds with the other melee trees.

Parry for single wield and nothing if off-hand, off-hand attack for daggers... etc etc, IF the pic meant anything.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.