Royal Founder status not being rewarded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Balrod, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

I made my first pledge during the Kickstarter phase of Shroud of the Avatar (March 21 2013 to be exact) but unfortunately my account is not giving me the Royal Founder options or rewards.
    After writing to support, I am told that the reason I am not getting those rewards, is because I made an even bigger pledge afterwards, and so the 'system defaults your pledge to the highest valued pledge on the account.' Then I'm told that if I want those rewards, they can be transferred to a different account and on top I should pay a $25 service fee...

I have no problem with the service fee, although I shouldn't have to pay anything, but another account, really? I should not have to buy another account and pay a fee to get these rewards...I want them in the only account I have been playing since the first release!

Has anybody else gone through something like this, or are there any suggestions? I'm all ears.

@Serafina

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Have you linked your kick-starter account to your game account? Sounds like you might not be getting full credit for your pledges.

Sadly, I can't remember the details of how to do it (I did it years ago), but hopefully someone here can walk you through it. If not - I'd e-mail support@portalarium.com and ask about it.

Nelzie, Elwyn and Balrod like this.
  3. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

Yes, I linked the accounts back in the day, and yes already wrote to them, again. Thanks for your input Tazar.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

It sounds like you've multiple pledges on one account, as support stated and has been since the start you can only have one pledge usable per account. There may be value in the second pledge excluding the rewards you want to keep, what tier is the extra pledge?

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Balrod and Proteus Tempest like this.
  5. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

First is an RF Founder, and second is a Benefactor Citizen, which is what it defaults to. What are you thinking?

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

For example if you know someone with a lesser pledge you could have it transferred to their account (saving you buying additional game access) thus upgrading it (for things like emotes, titles and untradable items) and have them trade all the item rewards to you.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If you had Upgraded the RF Founder to Citizen, instead of purchasing a second pledge on the same account, you wouldn't be in this situation. You would also be receiving the Founder rewards for every pledge level between Founder and Citizen (assuming you had upgraded the Royal Founder account prior to the cutoff date)
    To the best of my knowledge, if you wish the RF Founder rewards, you'll need to do as Portalarium Support suggests, and split the accounts.

There has been no change here, this is how they've handled these issues since day one.

Sean Silverfoot and Lained like this.
  8. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

This is what I thought I had done, in all honesty. This situation was not as clear back in January 2015, as you make it sound today...more than 3 years later.

Spoon and MrBlight like this.
  9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Honestly, they used to say once a founder, always a founder, and they would make every effort to treat their original backers fairly.

Cordelayne, MrBlight and Balrod like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

So tell then you thought you'd Upgraded the account, and ask them if they would treat is as such.

Balrod likes this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ya, I got shafted by this too including the PoT I bought (missed the big benefits by weeks). What can ya do?

Its a bit weird that they dont offer the stuff promised when we bought our pledges at the time before upgrading later under the lesser upgrade. After all, we paid for them at that time with the stuff listed.

12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

well only thing i can say that they seem to forget pretty quick, i am in the same boot for other reasons (and doubt i will buy the second chapter of sota if it comes out for that reason) why sink more money into this if the company running it is that way.

13. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

Yes, thank you Rufus. I will do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.