Stacking Combos

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Chris From the videos I watch it appears mostly locked decks have taken the day. I like the brainwork of having about 1/2 unlocked, but have to admit locked seems more powerful.

With that in mind, how about throwing unlocked a bone?

Right now to stack a combo you have to make combo 1, then make combo 2, then stack those two to get a 2x combo. Practically impossible.

How about this, make the combo, and then if either of the glyphs that are part of the combo are added, that adds 1 to the combo stack power.

In other words, using flaming shield as an example.

Currently: Combine flame fist with shield bash = flame shield. Get lucky that those two glyphs come up again and combine them. Now stack those two to get a level 2 flame shield. Good luck having this happen.

More feasable: Combine flame fist with shield bash = flame shield. Shield bash comes up again, stack that on flame shield for a level 2 flame shield. Get lucky and flame fist comes up again, stack to get a level 3 flame shield, something that is probably impossible to do with the current system.

2. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

Its super easy with a mouse to stack combos

Bambino likes this.
  3. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

It's not about it being easiest back with a mouse. It's about be able to create multiple combos to stack the combo itself.

When I used unlock decks I had the same issue. Gitting more than 2 stacks of a combo move was nearly impossible and I would spend more time waiting for things to come up just to create a second combo stack that it made it not worth the time.

FrostII and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This has nothing to do with the UI of stacking.

FrostII likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If you have a combo that's worth dedicating 3 slots (30% of your total slots), AND you have them come up quickly - then go for it.
    Stack your combo........
    I personally don't have access to any combo that I feel would be worth that (now that Hamstring is history)...

I agree with the OP, @Vladamir Begemot that it would be great fun to use a lot more possible stacked combos, without the 30% slot dedication to one single combo - and would LOVE it if they would implement the ability to "add" 1 of the 2 glyphs - which would only take 2 dedicated slots and give us more options.

I'm with you Vlad ! ;)
    +1

Oh, and I like that hat, dewd !!!!:cool:

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks! It makes me feel very fancy.

FrostII likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I had the draw deck down pretty good in the day. Since the charge skill came out, I haven't touched it. To much hassle now with to little benefit. My wrists have loved life ever since.

Time Lord and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. Artte

Artte Avatar

@Chris. Well there you have it. Balanced combos right out of the game. Good job. I watched your video on locked decks. You praised it over and over. So now nobody uses combos. The most wonderful concept of the entire deck system -gone. That’s so wrong

Vodalian, Beaumaris and Spoon like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Vlad, great idea! That was my main issue with combos, stacking them higher. I've used unlocked decks (partially) since I understand how they work, but combos havent been there because they lack the power. This would solve the issue!

10. Lained

Lained Avatar

If you want to stack combos then deal yourself a deck that'll bring the desired glyphs up more often/in a dedicated slots?

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

There's a few issues with this. You need to have 3 slots dedicated to your combo, so that you get the 2 glyphs for the combo while 1 slot holds your combo stack. Meanwhile, as you leave glyphs there waiting for its combo, it slows down your whole deck, making it longer to get your combo stacked.

That's why this suggestion allows for more use of a system which has been close to non-existent since hamstring has been nerfed. Yes, some people still use some, but there are so many combos out there that look very fun to use, but are so inefficient that it doesnt make it fun.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  12. Artte

Artte Avatar

My shocker was loading up thrust and slash for a quad slash. 52 focus?? Wha....? It’s not like quad is kick ass Uber. It’s ok. But it is level one. So you get 100 out of it. It’s slow. The graphic takes a couple of seconds. The fact is you could do a lot better overall in a lot less time. That’s going in wrong direction ....twice. That’s the thank you for putting the game on display for an example of all it has to offer? Maybe I missed something on the face of it it seems like no good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I don't use combos. I'd love to. But they are far more work than they should be IMO.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The only skill in the entire game where combos are actually useful is Sword. All the rest are a complete waste of time sadly (Polearms, Bludgeon).

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Chaos (Juxtapose) has a few good ones too, and I'll admit, if they were easier to use, I would use them a ton with Polearms. Combos are something I really want Chris to do a pass on and make them fun, and add some.

16. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

If you have 4 open slots like me it’s not hard to stack combos, but it uses a lot of glyphs for just a marginal increase in power. So you’re still right that it’s not a feasible style of play. I like your this idea to make it easier (and more importantly use up less glyphs).

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.