Thanks to you our backers! - (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord British, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncles

Uncles Avatar

Tears of Joy, no idea what this means to me. I have all your games and even run a UO server of T2A. Please let me know what I can do to help!

2. Alcazar

Alcazar Avatar

My Liege,

welcome back from your adventure into the dark abyss of social gaming.

You gave me countless hours of fun and many a moment to remember in your Ultima series (Ultima I - VII).

I'm really looking forward to dip into another world of similar atmosphere and interactivity.

Praise the King! Hail to thee my Lord. Welcome back in your lands.

3. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

I have backed the project via Kickstarter at the $100 level a couple weeks ago. I am considering up'ing my commitment to $125, but it is not clear how I can do that. Can it be done? How? I don't really want to end up pledging at the $225 level. Thanks.

4. EKiN

EKiN Avatar

@Lord Merlin, just update your pledge amount from the kickstarter page, and select your reward.

5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The last pledge amount is the total pledged. It cancels the first, they don't combine

DavenRock likes this.
  6. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

opps wrong thread..

DavenRock likes this.
  7. Thamin T

Thamin T Avatar

I consider myself very fortunate to play another Ultima-style game under Lord British. My brother and I both played Ultima III as a team. (Hope you forgive us for testing out our blades and spells on you once we were really high level. That was quite some lesson in humility you gave us.) Ultima IV easily remains one of my favorite games of all time, especially because it accentuated moral values and tests if you hoped to 'win' the game. I don't miss the fact that for the whole Ultima series, I would be having to keep a notebook full of clues to decipher, with no internet help back then to figure quests out!

One thing I will have to do first, is look in the forums to find why I'm looking at light yellow words on a white background. I can only read anything once I've clicked and dragged over it to 'select' it. :(

8. Javin

Javin Avatar

You're my Jesus.

And I don't care what anyone says, I still love Ultima 8, and play through it like once every other year.

9. Rafael

Rafael Avatar

I finally pledged! I can't wait to explore the wonders of a new world....

~A Royal Artisan at Your Service

10. IthacaDragon

IthacaDragon Avatar

Hi, just a quick suggestion for the final 48-hour push on the Kickstarter. This is probably not the right place, but I'm having slight difficulty reading and navigating the site (Win XP and no IE9).

Why not randomly choose a small number of lower-tier backers (after the KS ends) to receive an upgrade to a higher-level tier. If you announced that you would pick, say, 10 total backers to be upgraded, I doubt that anyone would lower their support level hoping to be picked (10 out of 19,000 is pretty slim odds). I can only imagine the joy of a $25 First Responder being notified that he/she is now a Knights or a Baron. This would give those with shallower pockets (many of whom undoubtedly love LB's work as much, presumably, as the average $10,000 Lord of the Manor) the remote possibility of being one of the "big boys". Making this possibility open to maybe everyone at Explorer and below ONLY might bring in lots of small backers..

There are probably considerations I'm missing, but thought I'd throw out the idea anyway.

Regards,

Ithaca Dragon
    -==(UDIC)==-

11. KluYa

KluYa Avatar

We thank you for the adventure all of us have been dreaming about!

12. MazeWalker

MazeWalker Avatar

Thanks to be back Lord British.

I wish you and your team Success!

13. Sorrowmoon

Sorrowmoon Avatar

Was a great ride. Nice story btw.

14. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Congratulations! The kickstarter campaign is funded and was a success in my eyes. My desire of a Ultima successor will come closer. Yeah, more than that...after years of waiting it will become reality and i am so glad being a part of the kickstarter campaign. I wish the entire team all the best, good hands during the development progress and never leave the way of virtues and always remind yourself to develop an "Ultimate RPG" based on your RPG roots! That's what we all expected!
    Also, let me say a million times thanks to all the backers which made the game Shroud of the Avatar possible. I am so proud being a part of this gamer family. So many Ultima veterans here...thats pretty cool.

15. thecrane

thecrane Avatar

Congrats on 2 million ! We are all looking forward to the beta. We will of course still have discussions here on the forums but it will be better to actually interact with the Shroud of the Avatar world alone if we choose or with others online. I look forward to meeting fellow knights online.

16. Sir Ogden Twohorn

Sir Ogden Twohorn Avatar

Congratulations! What a great finish to the kickstarter campaign, so much fun watching the live feed and reading the comments. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the alpha!

17. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Thank you all so very much! We couldn't have done it without you! *hugs*

18. Felinas

Felinas Avatar

Thanks for awesome KS month! I'm really looking forward for future live streams and dev forum access. Strange that I'm REALLY missing you all already now that KS have ended, but it was just a start for great future. Hope to see you all soon!

19. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Very excited about the Shroud. To paraphrase our great visionary, I hope it doesn't suck!

20. Duke Steele

Duke Steele Avatar

Thanks for bringing us back to your worlds RG! It was a pleasure to be a part of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.