Quest System Bugs

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by HappyWlad, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyWlad

HappyWlad Avatar

Brand new player here. I backed last year but promised myself I wouldn't play until the game was released. I played exactly nine hours so far. Fully 40% of the quests I've done in that time are broken in some way, and many of those are not complete-able. (Hyla, Milde, Cyrannis etc.) Most of the time I spent playing was trying to figure out how to complete those broken quests because I assumed I was doing something wrong. However, this was not the case because I've found the bug reports on the forums. I am no stranger to bugs and MMOs (EQ and EQ2 were my mains for years), but this is discouraging because it will drive new players away. I appreciate that the game doesn't hold the player's hand, however I've lost confidence in the quest system. It's difficult convincing myself to drive on doing quests when they don't work almost half the time. Also, I simply don't trust that a quest is working properly, or going to work properly, anymore. Furthermore, I don't want to talk to NPC's so I won't get another broken quest stuck in my journal or quest item cluttering up my inventory forever. This is unfortunate because I like the story so far. Maybe the game's quests get better outside the early game areas, but that would go against MMO historical trends. I have no problems with the game's performance, I love the sandbox elements, and I enjoy exploring the player towns, but the quest system needs some work.

Thanks for reading,

Wlad

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

3. Scoots

Scoots Avatar

I think I may have found an issue that you might have been looking for as to why some quests are failing. For me Nyla's dad is failing and I have been searching for why it was doing this and then I found that the quest to retrieve the spell book for Nach also started failing. This was funny as I actually did find the spell book but when I tried to complete the quest it wouldn't . I realized that it was not able to complete because the spell book was not actually picked up and placed into my inventory. So even though I did find the book I did not have it in my position to give to Nach. I went back to where I found the book and I opened my inventory by pressing the I key then I clicked and held on the book that was sitting on the table and I dragged it into my inventory. I rechecked the inventory after i closed it and I had the book there. I was then able to complete the quest as I had the book to give the kobold. I am now trying to do the same thing with the Nyla fathers note but am finding I am not able to find where the father was as the note was on the floor beside him. If I complete this quest as well I will add this to this post.

I have found the body of Nyla's father and the note was on the floor beside him. I did the same thing and by dragging the item into my inventory and I was then able to complete the quest.

With this information you may want to inform players to watch that items that are supposed to be picked up to give to other NPC's are actually picked up and placed into the inventory. If they aren't then they can drag the items into the inventory.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.