Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tier 2 Random encounters are rather spicey now.

Discussion in 'Release 54 QA Feedback Forum' started by Kaffien, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I went in there to test any new combat changes. There was some zombies, that's quite nice.
    Some ebon cultists ... also nice.

Oh look Liches ... interesting. I'm at adv level 67..... one was red one was yellow and one was orange .. yikes!

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

If that is for a Tier 2 roadside encounter, that is ridiculous. Low level players have no way to succeed there.

Maybe if that was in the Tier 4 Plains that would make sense. Liches are a Tier 5 mob in most cases - Deep Ravenswood, Mysterious Swamp, etc.

Chatele likes this.
  3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

A low level player can avoid the scary looking occultists. That was a tier 5 + encounter. The ravens wood liches are yellow to me.
    It was savage. I have to admit though, it sure got me good.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I will check it out to be sure, but that should be upgraded to a Tier 4 same as a Siege and color coded accordingly.

I know people will complain when they cannot mine the gold nodes and get a loot chest from those encounters anymore.

Also if it is the same amount of loot then the risk of getting it is too high anyway.

Chatele likes this.
  5. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Orange Liches are savage now?
    [​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  6. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

When a group of 4 green skeletons archers can pick you apart .. yes. An orange lich archer at Adventure level 70... those are tough customers.

Keep in mind I was geared out for basic low level combat. plate / halberd. I was leaving the scene and those buggers ambushed me from behind. They didn't spawn until I was leaving lol.

7. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I'm glad they are expanding from just stags, wolves, and corpions!

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Here is my feedback from doing one of the new Tier 2 Encounters - Bandits

1. The Tier 2 label is misleading - it should be shown as a Tier 4 minimum due to the higher level mobs that are there including the 1,300 HP wolf boss at the end.

2. I am disappointed that the difficulty has been increased for these since they were an easy way to get a loot chest and resources for someone at a lower level.

I have a higher level character that can do this, but most people will probably skip these since they will be too difficult now.

Chatele and Daigoji Gai like this.
  9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Here is my feedback from the Tier 2 Undead Encounter -

1. The Tier 2 label here is also misleading - The end wave spawns all three Liches - Fighter, Archer and a Lich Mage, which was 900 HP - orange to me at AL89.

Also disappointed for the same reasons above, most people will probably just skip these now.

Hard to imagine what the Tier 4 encounters are like now - probably like a Tier 6/8, who knows.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, spicy....

Daigoji Gai and Drake Aedus like this.
  11. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

I agree. This is completely uncalled for. These are not T2 encounters, these are T4+.
    'trained' wolves with > 1k health, that are apparently disguised obsidian wolves (they drop obsidian carcasses!) have no place in a T2 newbie-geared encounter on the main roads.

Why that change? Please revert. Invent new T4 encounters somewhere if you think you must, but please do not block the main routes with T2-mislabeled traps.

Nikko, Chatele and discipleofweb like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wonder if those "trained" wolves are tamable?

13. Cambion

Cambion Avatar

Lots of easy loot within the Adventurer areas , overworld travel should have some danger randomness and people should manage their travel. This is what makes the game fun placement of these viscious mobs away from the main road when travelling should provide opportunity not just a "This is ridiculous response".

Elwyn and Steevodeevo like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Finally went through these new encounters, and I think I see what they are trying to do. Basically make the encounters available to all levels (lower level people can carefully gather resources and battle a little, higher levels can do the waves and all resources).

The Clearly Visible Group Of Creatures That Are Probably Dangerous(tm) is, clearly visible and, possibly dangerous.

An area marked as Tier II Encounter, should probably not be spawning tier 5 Archers. A suggestion would be to rename the areas to something like: Multi-Tier Encounter or possibly Unknown Tier Encounter. Make the Area Name Yellow to people under Tier 4(?). This keeps things consistent, like a Tier 1 character entering a Tier 5 area.

Lastly, The Clearly Visible Group Of Creatures That Are Probably Dangerous(tm) could possibly be moved back a little bit. The player enters the scene right next to them and will start targeting the player as soon as his protection wears off. Or possibly have them enter the other end.

Other than that, I think this is a nice change.

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also another suggestion: could the encounter choose between this new encounter area or choose the older encounter area randomly, just to add some variety.

I don’t know how the overland encounter function works, so this may not be a possibility.

Elwyn likes this.
  16. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Agree with this, almost had that wolf though, but huit the wrong button (beserk mode).

Hopefully it will be tidied up before release.

17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Totally agree they need to change the Tier labels for these according to what is there. New players/low level players tend to use these for farming resources and such cause they are easy. Now they run in and try to run out fast. Waste of zoning time. This seems to be more of a deterant than incentive for players. I warn most newer players to avoid the Stag cause i know they most likely will spawn a dragon. But WOW now gotta warn them on all random encounters. Just a headache waiting to spawn for me in discord chat with so many new players now.

18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

FYI, you can tell if you are in a Stag->Dragon encounter by the piles of ash, and a few scales on the ground, though those are a bit hard to see. As long as you don't kill anything, you can still freely harvest. (And though I've reported it, it probably still doesn't have harvest node respawn disabled.)

Jaesun likes this.
  19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

So I ended up hitting a few of these today, and the words I kept trying to say were "this is not boring". It made sense to have those cabalists around the skeleton encounters (I did both a plains road and a plains), implying they were the ones doing naughty things to reanimate the dead. I also did a plains road bandits, which felt more interesting too, but I'm not sure if the treasure chest was supposed to be gone or if it was just hidden somewhere. They just felt more right than kill a few minor baddies, collect resources. It's also better that the skeletons don't start in a small pile that you can ignore, harvest the rest of the scene, and leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.