Bank Transfers

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by jaspericus, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

I know its probably been asked for before but I would like to see some process where you can transfer items from one bank to another. Not asking instant, however you have been able to transfer goods from one place to another since the development of the wheel. Wagons are used in the SOTA world (though they do seem a little prone to breaking down judging by the amount of wrecked ones) and even the trader in highvale when you start has one. Why can we not transfer goods to arrive after a few days etc for a fee?. eg 5-10g per item (stack) within same area taking 1-2 days, 20-30g for ones outside taking 1-7 days (this should be sufficiently realistic and would be a great boon. It also brings in the possibility of signing up as a caravan guard or becoming a bandit. Just a thought.

Jaesun and margaritte like this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

We do have a way. you load up and walk the walk of shame! People will stop and chat

3. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You can use the in-game mail system, they charge 5 gold + 10 gold per weight. Nearly every bank should have a mailbox.
    (btw. i also like to see transport encounters on the map, but not necessarily with all your belongings)

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

if you grab some scrolls and a friend you can teleport and recall between two points with handfuls of stuff till you're loaded but not overweight

5. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

I am playing solo so most of above not useable, heck I even have issue where in the past in solo put stuff in bank in player centre just outside of solaria and now there is no player centre in solo but they are still there taking up bank slots that I cant clear

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Solo is online, and is actually friends mode, you dont need to be grouped to teleport to a friend. or use recall.. If you mean offline mode, you can still do the walk of shame.. I moved from soltown to brittany with like 15k weight doing the walk of shame

7. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

I know you can but I just feel it unrealistic to do that, and somewhat pointless, I just do not understand why its not in anyway.

8. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

oh and I take solo as offline mode, I may go online but at present due to rl restrictions offline just suits my playstyle

9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

it comes from an original design goal of having regional economies. Of course, everyone can teleport to anyone on their friends list, so regional economies don't exist.

I agree it would be a nice option in offline mode, but I can't imagine them taking the time to code that special for us offline players.

jaspericus likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

solo mode used to be the name of "private" (which is still the same as friends/party) .. offline is very different.. calling it solo will add to confusion.. as solo is private and online.. offline clearly isnt.

BTW you can edit your offline file and move the stuff in the bank.. getting it wrong of course may stuff up your save file.. but.. its doable

jaspericus likes this.
  11. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

How can I do that editing?

12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

its a text file open it in notepad - all editing is undertaken at your own risk

jaspericus likes this.
  13. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

whats the file name please?

14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I don’t know it will depend on what you save it as

However. If you need to ask that editing maybe more daunting for you

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Even if we held on to the pipe dream of regional economies, there's still no reason to not allow bank transfers for a fee. It could be a cash sink. Sota LOVES cash sinks.
    I know if I was planning a big move, I'd much rather bank dump my lots and pay a courier service than sort it out manually. It would be particularly useful for new folks living out of their bank who buy a house.

16. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Also in offline mode their is a in-game mail system. You can send post to yourself and pick it up at the mailbox at your new bank.
    However the item count is limited per packet/delivery, so it takes some time. You can save some transactions if you only send items/stacks that have a reasonable weight.

LOT owners can use their magic movers when they want to move. Move to another town costs coto.
    If you buy a LOT the first time, one may place it in the same town where the bank resides. Move all (or most) of the items to the new LOT and use the magic mover afterwards to move to another town.

Editing the save-file is your own risk. A backup is always you friend.

17. jaspericus

jaspericus Avatar

The mailboxes in offline mode dont work unfortunately, however hopefully getting home soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.