Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Initial thought on brewing

Discussion in 'Release 55 QA Feedback Forum' started by Murphy, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

so what does the intoxication level effect if anything have you noticed?

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Its mostly like a debuff for fisheye camera and weaving so far. lasts about 3 minutes per drink (up to a max of 10 stacks)

Jaesun and nonaware like this.
  3. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

So it seems brewing is another thing to add to the growing list of disappointments :(

Selene, bloodydragon and nonaware like this.
  4. Murphy

Murphy Avatar

Stryker,
    Thank you for a somewhat positive response. You said you have drunk the product. And also drunk all "40" of the beers? There are 40 recipes? Are there any positive effects from drinking? I agree with your assessment to a point, which is why I was hesitant to ask that they hold off yet again. But even with what you have stated this is not a brewing system by any stretch. I fear the same that if it is held up again it will not get the attention that it deserves but I also fear as others have stated that if it is released as is it will Never get properly fixed. It will forever be relegated to somewhat fancy cooking recipes. The smaller team pretty much ensures that. There is just too much left to do over all.

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I had brewed a cask of Brittany Beer - once it matures after 3 days, it produces 40 mugs of Brittany Beer.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

that's pretty disappointing if all it is only a roleplay tool.

bloodydragon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does the cask then grow a spout?

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I think is not a problem to prepare the ingredients on the cooking station. I would like to see that i can "open" a cask and add the ingredients, instead of use the cask and the ingredients on the cooking station. If you placed all casks well, it is a mess to destruct the fine cask bank only to fill them. (casks can be placed one over each other)
    It is also irritating that you can open an empty cask and do not have the "rights" to add something. Also, if the cask is "growing" a new drink the open animation is shown but nothing happend.

The object shown in the first post, can be given to the pledgers and backers as a cooking station. So it is on everyone themself to cook on a brewing station or brew on a cooking station. Also to have this as a pattern for cooking station is not unthinkable. I think this is the less effort to give the ones a functional item for their brewery.

Have still to wait 6 days before the first wine is ready.
    I want to use the wine for cooking, is this possible? (Bottle of Wine)

hegpetz likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That doesn't look like a "brewing" station to me. A brewing station should have a boiler, mash tun, still and a fermenter. At the very least, the station should have a boiler with copper coil coming out of the top going to a smaller vessel (multipurpose mash tun, boiler and still) and a conical fermenter.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Obsidian wolf chops with bourbon sauce? Yes please.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Murphy

Murphy Avatar

true the item I showed is more of a still than a brewing set up. It is, however, a device for producing alcohol and not a stove. so at least is a step in the right direction.

12. Ryuko Matoi

Ryuko Matoi Avatar

At least grant the drinks some useful food buffs or augmentation to existing food buffs, if not, it will just be a single release novelty. Also please don’t make them have a short one hour useless buff like the bacon.

nonaware likes this.
  13. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

just checked my beer and indeed there is a spout on it now that it has finished.

Barugon likes this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

People are surprised? This has been the case for honestly most things put in the game that require "programming or engineering a new system". Sieges? But its honestly a cash and time thing, if they had a lot more money they could spend a lot more time on it. What we get now is bare minimum and pray for iterations down the road.

15. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

each drink type give a buff icon and a +intox they all seem to stack to 10. I got the full 10 stack of wheat drach and brit beers/ales and a one stack of the red and white table wines from the tavern and the ale and whiskey there as well at the same time.

there was no effect that was visible to my stats or an camera effect for me on good settings...

so pretty disappointed I spent time making the things to make the cask over the weekend but now doubt I will make any other that the 25 year whiskey for the hell of it since it takes a year to finish...

Olthadir likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Awesome! Thanks for that.

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ooh, I like that. Like wine pairings! Wolf Surprise and red wine? Extra .2 hp/focus per second! Wolf Surprise with white wine? Minus .2 hp/focus per second!

18. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

+1

Olthadir likes this.
  19. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Some cooking recipes already uses 'Bottle of Wine'. The questions was, if the crafted wine can be used with this recipes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.