Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mac Mouse Rotation Changes Focus

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Obliviax, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obliviax

Obliviax Avatar

6/24/2018 2:58 PM

Title: Mac Mouse Rotation Changes Focus
    Reproduction Rate: Always
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    I use an Apple Magic Mouse with "Secondary Click" enabled in Mac preferences (i.e., emulated left and right buttons by clicking on the left or right sides).

When I right-click and drag the mouse right to rotate the camera to the right, my character's head and the screen focus both snap left before motion begins. The amount they snap seems proportional to the distance of my mouse pointer from the center of the screen at the start of the drag. For instance, if I begin dragging from the center, there is no problem. If I begin dragging at the left edge of the screen, it snaps very heavily to the right. This happens in both first- and third-person views.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Enter third- of first-person view with the V key.
    2. Without a mouse button pressed, place the mouse pointer near the right edge of the screen.
    3. Note the screen's center point. Also note the orientation of the Avatar's head.
    4. Press the right mouse button and drag the mouse slightly right.
    5. Note the screen center point and character's head jump drastically left before rotation begins.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 8192
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M GPU RAM: 2048
    SotA.OSX.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (6.9, 39.4, -19.5)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCg2LjkyOCwgMzkuNDA0LCAtMTkuNDkzKXwoMCwgLTAuOTk3LCAwLCAtMC4wNzUpfDE3MS41ODk1fDE5LjEwNjQ1fDA=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.