Is Richard Garriot out of touch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChosenPredator, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

My only desire for SotA is I wish they would have focused more attention on the design of the kickstarter page. This game could have easily pulled $3 million like Torment did with some solid page designs and a better game logo design.

It is understandable, with how loaded the current teams schedule is, that this didn't get as much attention as it should have, but in the end, it's what was needed to reach that multi million dollar mark.

Other than that, RG has been doing a fantastic job listening to the crowd sourcing community and implementing those features/desires. Keep up the good work, and give us some insight on a possible jail, gladiatorial, labyrinth system for criminals to give them some fun/fear of being caught.

2. RiminiVant

RiminiVant Avatar

No he's not out of touch.

Personally, I abandoned hope for new games and went back to re-playing the Ultima series awhile ago and RG knows exactly why according to the videos and articles he has posted in connection with SotA.

Looks to me like some fellow designers took it too personally and decided that wanted to see what kind of negative effect they could have on the kick starter project ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dr. Steve: [to Homer] Simpson! You're not a licensed chiropractor, and you're stealing patients from me and from Dr. Steffi.
    Homer: Boy, talk about irony. The AMA tries to drive you guys out of business, now you're doing the same to me. Think about the irony.
    Dr. Steve: [grabs Homer by the collar] You've been warned. Stop chiropracting.
    Homer: Not unless you think about the irony.

3. slandrew

slandrew Avatar

@Antalicus - Precisely. If being "in touch" is what has produced every MMORPG since WoW - no thanks. I am also out of touch. Do I think a marketing team would be better than Garriot making seemingly outlandish claims though? Definitely.

4. RiminiVant

RiminiVant Avatar

Maybe I'm just biased against marketing teams because of their tendency to focus on getting people to buy things rather than making things that people want to buy, but I imagine these "seemingly outlandish claims" are actually justified.

Defend your claim sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.