Selectable "hide player/ignore" filter.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There hasn't been much talk of this and I kind of assumed it's a no brainer but I think it should at least be brought up for discussion once.

We'll have the ability to adjust our settings as to how many players we see that are important to us but there will always be players we can't seem to get along with. In which case, we should be able to flag specific players to 'ignore'. If you can't play well together this option would tell the game to avoid putting two players together if at all possible.

There will be scenarios perhaps where this isn't possible.. notably in certain PvP scenarios.. but if I'm playing fully open online and know of someone who just goes out of their way to be a pain.. I don't want to have to run into them in town just because they have a shop next door to my favorite tavern.

I can envision several issues that might be a problem.. I don't think this will likely be 100% but I do think it's worth consideration to add as a sort of exception filter to more open play.

2. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

Indeed, either a blacklist, or perhaps even a reputation system. A person could be forced to shut up if given enough down-votes, earning them a bad reputation in the area. If someone down-votes a person, that person would be ignored by the voter for a certain period. If that person receives many down-votes in a given period, they will eventually cease to be heard by anyone in the vicinity for a certain period and be forced to move to the next town.

People could always be heard by guild-mates and friends, of course. In this manner, the consequences will be felt by the person annoying others directly, whereas a ignore list is of no real consequence, they could care less.

Life will be so peaceful in new britannia, birds chirping, not a sound of people. :) hehe

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've been thinking a little more on this and there's a few situations where I think an ignore list would be.. well.. ignored.

1: When both parties are flagged for PvP, either through settings or through a situation ie: traveling through dangerous areas.

Well that's the main one actually. Most situations I'm thinking of fall under that scenario in some fashion.

4. Caledor

Caledor Avatar

I have to disagree with this. If you're playing OPO, you're going to meet people you won't get along with. There's no point in having both FPO and an ignore list. If someone's truly harassing people, there should be a way to report that however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.