Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Losing DECO items when placing in inventory

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by ttchastain, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttchastain

ttchastain Avatar

1. Title: Losing DECO items when placing in inventory
    2. Reproduction Rate: rare
    3. Blocker?no
    4. Details: Moving from an inn room to a house i put a bed in inventory and poof it was gone. next day, move everything out of a trunk to use on top floor and put it into my inventory and poof it was gone. Checked inventory and other trunk/chests for items without locating them.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: cant reproduce, tried doing the same thing i thought i did with another trunk and it lands in inventory
    6. User Specs: Myrrexx DSylvia, Win 10 64bit, Version 1803, Alienware Aurora R6 Intel i7-7700, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

2. ttchastain

ttchastain Avatar

Trunk has appeared in inventory after a logout/login Bed did not

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

welcome @ttchastain
    first please do a /bug ingame at the location it happened and paste the contents of your clipboard in your post

it happens a lot with lag that some items don't get the approval of moving from the server (handshake timed out etc.) if they are red in inventory they will be accessible after relogging

How did you move your bed to inventory ? mouseclick and drag it into open inventory or on your avatar - either way it can happen that the server gets the mouserelease before you are in the inventory or on the avatar and the item is placed again

did you check the old location and anywhere in the old inn?

also if it still is missing then mail support@portalarium.com with what is missing, when it happened, where it happened

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  4. ttchastain

ttchastain Avatar

Rentier, Thank you for the reply. Recalled back to the orignial room where I lost the bed. /bug below. Yes it was a click and hold drag into inventory. during the same time period, i pulled a crafting station into my inventory through the floor but it was red and i couldn't get it out of inv until i logged out and in and it had fixed itself. Hope this helps.
    07/18/2018 12:36
    Title: missing bed
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?no
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16283
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.Win.64.806.Date.07.16.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Outlander Welcome Center
    Area Display Name: Outlander Welcome Center
    Loc: (145.7, 51.0, -56.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE91dGxhbmRlciBXZWxjb21lIENlbnRlcnwoMTQ1LjY2MywgNTEsIC01Ni42NzMpfCgwLCAtMC45OTEsIDAsIDAuMTM1KXwtMjAyLjY1ODN8MzguNzQ3MzN8Mi4yMQ==

5. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

ttchastain,

Your bed is probably in someone else's room and I'll have to check their rooms to see where it went (this is why the governor has the master key). I've occasionally had this happen with other items in the inns and the last time the counter I was trying to move in the lobby disappeared like your bed. I was going to look under the floor or get a dev to look, when one of the inn residents asked, "Did you mean to put that counter in the second floor hallway?" :eek:

I may not get a chance to look tonight as I have late meetings but I will check the other rooms ASAP to see who got an extra bed! BTW, what is the name of the avatar in the room where the bed disappeared?

We are very sorrowful that you are experiencing these problems. We have asked all mages to cease practicing teleportation spells in the inn but some haven't gotten the word yet. We have also asked those who have larger pets to ensure their pets are not eating the furniture, plants or other guests.

Sincerely,
    Johnkirk Bayard

ttchastain and Rentier like this.
  6. ttchastain

ttchastain Avatar

JKB thank you sir... I appreciate the room while it lasted. Looks like I'll be playing for a while. The crafting is top notch, so i bought a house.

Bayard, Jaesun and Rentier like this.
  7. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Glad you are staying and I found your bed! It was in another room so I sent it to your bank where it will be waiting for you. Good hunting and come back to visit from time to time.

Rentier and Alley Oop like this.
  8. ttchastain

ttchastain Avatar

I got it. Thanks again

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.