Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Cannnot connect to patch server" error

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by dcdoc45, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcdoc45

dcdoc45 Avatar

since I attempted to patch to release 56, I start the launcher and I get a cannot connect to patch server error, every time I attempt to launch the game.
    my efforts so far:
    turned off windows firewall, no change.
    uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no change.

An odd thing to note, if I launch the launcher, and get the error message, then for some reason, I can open my web browser and its as if I'm not connected to the net. when I close the launcher, my web browser returns to normal, any web browser.
    Any suggestions of how to address this? seems like after every patch, I cannot play this game.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@dcdoc45 looks like this

Jaesun likes this.
  3. dcdoc45

dcdoc45 Avatar

I downloaded the above, I launched it and it seems to connect, and start the download process of the patch of the game client, but there is no activity, its stuck at 0
    I do not get the error of can't connect to patch server, but it will not patch.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It almost sounds like some port is blocked possibly?

5. dcdoc45

dcdoc45 Avatar

yes, it does, I found an old list of ports from several years ago, not sure if there is a current one available or not.
    but.... wouldn't turning off my windows firewall open up any blocked ports? and why all of a sudden do this? I was playing it a lot before the patch.
    is there a way to list what ports I have open on my comp?

6. dcdoc45

dcdoc45 Avatar

shroud of the avatar - launcher Public Yes Allow No C:\program files\portalarium\shroud of the avatar\shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Any Any UDP Any Any Any Any Any Any Any
    shroud of the avatar - launcher Public Yes Allow No C:\program files\portalarium\shroud of the avatar\shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Any Any TCP Any Any Any Any Any Any Any
    shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Public Yes Allow No C:\users\dcdoc45\documents\desktop\sota\sotapatchclient144\standalonewindowspatcher\shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Any Any TCP Any Any Any Any Any Any Any
    shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Public Yes Allow No C:\users\dcdoc45\documents\desktop\sota\sotapatchclient144\standalonewindowspatcher\shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Any Any UDP Any Any Any Any Any Any Any
    shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Public Yes Allow No C:\users\dcdoc45\documents\desktop\sota\standalonewindowspatcher\shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Any Any TCP Any Any Any Any Any Any Any
    shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Public Yes Allow No C:\users\dcdoc45\documents\desktop\sota\standalonewindowspatcher\shroud of the avatar - launcher.exe Any Any UDP Any Any Any Any Any Any Any

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.