Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need to say 'yes' twice and 'goodbye' twice when seeing oracle for 'test'

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by RobotBeginner, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

I don't know if everyone has the same problem but when I talk to the oracle everyday, I need to say 'yes' twice and 'goodbye' twice with oracle. From the lower left corner conversation windows, you can see my conversation details with oracle. You see only one 'goodbye' in the window because the conversation window with oracle was exited automatically because of timeout. FYI: My character name is Anthony Lam and I have finished truth, love and courage quests but not the oracle quest.

Note: I just found that only my avatar 'Anthony Lam' needs to answer 'yes' twice and 'goodbye' twice. I have several other game accounts with no such problem. And, the problem with my avatar 'Anthony Lam' seems to be happened after the last quest 'Courage Quest'. My order of taking the quest is 'Path of Love Quest', 'Path of Truth Quest' and 'Path of Courage Quest'.

Note: When I moving my avatar without the cursor on screen by holding down the right mouse button only and then click 'e' to talk with oracle, the conversation window with oracle shows up and no cursor shows up like when I talk to other NPCs. And then, you need to click 'esc' to take the control back and click 'e' again to talk to oracle. I have mentioned this bugs several times across several releases. All the developers still ignore this problem.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think its just lag, if I wait a bit before I say yes, it works in one shot, and if I do it super fast it takes 3.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report, and the extra comment! Issue #60996

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue. Perhaps there are specific steps that lead to this situation. We'll keep an eye out for this issue re-occurring. If you do find a way to reproduce this, please repost.

Sir Leonard likes this.
  5. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I have the same issue for a while either. Guess since R56 lauched. Maybe it has to do with localization. Mine is in PT-BR and it's 100% sure she will never answer me in the first interaction.

6. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

8/11/2018 3:50 AM

Summary:

Details:
    Sometimes you need to say 'yes' for two times in a row when talking with an Oracle.
    Sometimes you need to say 'goodbye' for two times in a row when talking with an Oracle.

Internal repro status: unable to repro internally
    External repro status: attempts to repro externally, no 100% solid repro case found/discovered/reported yet
    Steps to Reproduce: unknown, under external investigation
    External Testers assigned to the case: one person from the Elene Sali Bug Academy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.