Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Avatar is moving upward when I moving items in inventory

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by RobotBeginner, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

When I am inside my Knight Benefactor (Village Home) and drag the item 'Replenishing Obsidian Potion of Guidance Box' in inventory, my Avatar is moving upward from its position.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I'm not able to reproduce this at all. Could this have something to do with your mouse?

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've experienced this before, I'll try to replicate.

4. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

The item is being placed underneath your character model, causing the character to move upward to stand atop it.

At least, that what I assumed was happening when I encountered it.

When it happens next, try dragging the item from out below your character. It will cause your char to move back down.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ah, here's the bug! I posted it again in Housing I think. Looked in Inventory and Housing and didn't see it so I thought maybe this was from last month.

I'll go delete that one, but this is exactly what's happening, and it's particularly weird when you are loading a vendor and don't realize why you keep jumping up and down.

Just grab a trunk and move it under your feet without letting go of the mouse, that's an easy way to replicate.

It happens when loading a vendor because the player is dragging the items from inventory repeatedly, and probably up against a table, thus forcing the deco item to go under the character instead of farther away in the house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.