Native, Elegant, Multi-Monitor Support

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by The Captain, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Captain

The Captain Avatar

My colleagues and I use triple-monitor, high-end PC gaming rigs and most people working in software these days have at least two displays. Yes, there are always third-party hacks to stretch games but they don't compare to what can be done with native support for multiple monitors, eyefinity, etc. It's a part of what makes PC gaming still better than console.

2. uk_uk

uk_uk Avatar

I second this! No native Eyefinity, fov and UI-Placement = big meh!!!

3. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

This. Sota in full 7680x1440 would be glorious.

4. Ayan Thymonte

Ayan Thymonte Avatar

I have a Mac (laugh if you want, I don't care) with 3 monitors. It would be nice if the game supported my panoramic view.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Having dual monitors myself.. I have to wonder if there's muti-screen panoramic views.. where exactly is the character going to be on a dual monitor system? :) It would be pretty awkward if half my character was on one screen and the other half on the other. But I would love to be able to have my game screen on the side of my choosing and UI elements on the other (ie inventory, paperdoll, chat window etc).

Nietzsche likes this.
  6. Ayan Thymonte

Ayan Thymonte Avatar

That's an excellent point. Most people these days are rocking the two monitors, so I'm sure they're thinking of a way to address it. Ideally, the layout would be customizable. Worst case scenario: you pick one display as your primary, and a second for your secondary screens, (inventory, chat window, etc.) The key here is the ability to pick. Best case scenario, the game play screen stretches across all monitors, and you can place the windows wherever you'd like, and they stay there persistently.

I am very concerned that my three monitors will not be supported, and after reading the FAQ's, I'm wondering if Mac will even be supported. I hope so. I only pledged because the Kickstarter page stated that a Mac version was in the plan, as well as Linux. I also hope that they will all play nice together.

7. smack

smack Avatar

They want this just as much as we do. They just haven't yet figured out how to design it in an elegant way for different screen resolutions and number of monitors, positioning, etc. We'll get there, we have a long ways to go.

8. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

I too use a three monitor eyefinity setup. Adding this support now will also help when Oculus Rift (or a similar device) support can be added as it too has a wide FoV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.