House alternatives...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Bayard2, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I just realized that they might be handling the additional land masses the way they have in the past... volcano erupts, and BAM! there is a new chunk of land. I think it was an add-on to U7 called "Forge of Virtue" that did this. I think the land mass was called "The Isle of Fire." This method might be difficult to explain in lore, but it'd at least be AN explanation. Perhaps the more virtuous the Avatars are, the more old pieces of Britannia come back... who knows.

If they add the grid squares in a similar fashion, it could work! I really hope this is the plan, as I see it the only really viable way to have ships be able to sail where you want, when you want.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

They talked about Cavern towns at some point in the KS. What are your thoughts on cavern houses for anyone that can afford to buy one with ingame currency. Since it doesn't fill the land walking space, you could literally put a small house/cave for every player in separate underground hexes, just make 1 hex of empty town & duplicate into say 10 clusters, then put these clusters spread out & down to fight the lag monster, accessible by tunnels from the surface or moonrift, moonrift would take you to a central area from where you could get to others by casting a spell (teleport5982) or whatever your hex/town number is.

The desire would still be to get onto the surface to show off your deco skills & vendors etc but caves would fit with the lore & give everyone a home.

Time Lord and Caliya like this.
  3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I like the idea of caves. I also suggested hobbit holes, which could be underground also. A village community to live for those who can't get, or don't want to get, individual houses.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. Datus

Datus Avatar

That would be awesome. It should have a durability on it as well. The more you cart it around, the more likely you will have to repair a wheel or axle.

Time Lord, Grayhawk and Isaiah like this.
  5. Montesquieu Paine

Montesquieu Paine Avatar

Can I tame flying creatures (griffins, wyverns) or maybe even hire them (the intelligent ones) to draw my balloon-house? Or start an aerial caravan, that flies over and thus evades a great deal of the ground-based hazards?

Subject to its own environmental problems (adverse winds, wind-affecting magics, mobs of corvids, etc.). Not to mention the dangers of overweighting by free-loading pigeons!

Time Lord and monxter like this.
  6. mahjah

mahjah Avatar

Newly joined. I really like the gypsy wagon. Wouldn't mind some glamping too ;)
    [​IMG]

Jambo, rild, Mata and 7 others like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    mahjah

Very nice pics! it makes me wonder what each level of pledge Gypsy Tent could look like :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.