Frivolous question for offline: what is your favorite lot in the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Lot deeds are not hard to come by in the offline game. If you played the offline game, you could claim your very favorite NPC town lot. Which is your favorite?

I admit that I have an ulterior motive for asking this question. I have two row lot deeds, a village lot deed and, since yesterday, a town lot deed that I can place anywhere I want.

I would love to live in a beautiful setting with a great view, but still have access to an Oracle, a Devotional and a merchant who pays well. Alas, I have been forced to choose locations based on expedience only. I have one row lot in Ardoris next to the crafting pavilion and one in Central Brittany behind the crafting pavilion at the docks simply because I needed access to crafting stations. I was planning to claim a town lot in Resolute at the market because of access to a good weapons merchant (Whitten) and the public crafting area, but the surroundings are not beautiful.

In R57 the control points are passable and crafting stations are affordable, so there is no longer any reliance on public crafting areas and I am more free to choose a location that satisfies my longing for a beautiful home. Unfortunately, there are no POTs to choose from :-(

If the Land Rush happened today and you had first choice of lots (NPC only), which one would you choose and why?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

In offline mode, I'd pick the village lot in Desolis just to the right of the main NPC area. In online mode it is the location of "Crafter's Oasis." While there's no oracle on my doorstep, I think that's less an issue in offline mode. The reason I'd pick this is I love the desert biome and I find the convenience of Desolis - having both a blacksmith/alchemist, and crafting/adv trainer, all stood a few feet apart (rather than spread out in a huuuuge town), is ideal. There's also a few low lvl quests, 3 master trainers, and a dungeon on site (Epitaph). You're also not far from Brittany, but close to the north/south passes (now open) up to Drachvald and down to the Perennial Coast. Pretty convenient. In offline mode, I'd probably actually end up "populating" Desolis" with all the adobe style homes..

My next choice would be Solania. Less convenient, but still has essential amenities and I find it aesthetically pleasing. I like the in-town access to the catacombs putting Spectral Mines practically on my doorstep, too. Celestis is also pretty but has a more awkward layout, Solania has all the essential shops and such lined up on the waterfront.

I tend to shy away from the 'huge' towns like Aerie, Brittany, Ardoris. I just find them inefficient to travel in with confusing layouts and things are far too spread out. On offline mode this will be less of an issue, as there wouldn't be player "stuff" everywhere, so that would likely improve it to some extent, but I think also make them feel pretty empty.

smack, Lady Kathleen and Kara Brae like this.
  3. MythosTMC

MythosTMC Avatar

I love Aerie. I have loved the look and feel of the city since my first entrance into this game as a fresh eyed player. I still love it and wish I could have a home there online. My second choice is Etceter. Love the port feel and being next to the sea.

Offline is so fun because you can collect deeds and grab lots all over the place. Makes it a really fun aspect to the game. I used to squat in people's houses during my Ultima 7 play throughs, so this is even more fun. Can roleplay a conquering Necromancer.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The lot right outside the entrance to Resolute Sewers is pretty sweet. Fast access to The Rise and close to all the town stuff and full price vendor.

Having a lot right next to a lunar rift would be pretty cool too.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Northwood is my favorite , followed by central Brittany.

Why? Loads of Pendragons live there!

6. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I have found that Central Brittany is cool... Near the West Gate.. and the sign post make it easy pop to the docks with all the tables and many merchants.

It is a bit of a walk to the Oracle.

I have explored, I think, all the towns (Big and Small) in Offline and made a list as I visited each Town Crier and Devotionals.

https://ladykathleenrealm.com/current-offline-mode-towns-list-for-shroud-of-the-avatar/

If you know of a town I missed let me know.

Over time I plan on having houses in many spots.. Just wish you could recall to more than one house ROFL (maybe that would be a good use for teleport scroll in offline mode)

Jason_M, smack, Witcheypoo and 3 others like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Spite has one of the most magnificent City Lots in the entire game. For those who haven't seen it, it is completely isolated at the top of the cliffs, overlooking the water, where if you look out you can clearly see the foreboding entrance to Malice. It's absolutely epic!

smack, Lady Kathleen, mass and 3 others like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My favorite city in the game is Brookside, because it reminds me of my favorite D&D setting Ravenloft! :D

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ha, i was coming to report a village lot in spite. there's a sneaky village lot all the way south, just east of the main entrance over its own bridge, in the mountains overlooking the small town lake.

smack, Lady Kathleen, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

My offline SP started in Resolute, so I just picked the two closest lots there, on the right after the entrance. I use the town one for my house, that has never been furnished, even though it's been a while, I just have a few chests inside and crafting stations in front of the house, and another Town lot next to it, which I made into a museum, looks great! Started getting cravings lately to go back and adventure with my companions and a bear.

11. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yeah recalling would be nice, thats the only thing that keeps me from seeding my lots all over the Novia :D.

Lady Kathleen and Kara Brae like this.
  12. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Just lately I moved around a bit.. I am now playing in Resolute as well. But I also have a house in Northwood (my grandkids namesake town) and I built my hubby (little mechanic pet used for him) and he is in Ardoris in a LARGE ship he liked.. LOL I am going to make him a pirate...

Kara Brae and Jaesun like this.
  13. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I love building my museum as well I just wish we could be allowed to use that cool castle that sits in Resolute Castle lot when you don't claim it....

14. jregel

jregel Avatar

I've recently completed the Path of the Oracle and received the free row lot deed.

I've settled in Aerie, in a nice row directly opposite the Oracle Confirmatory (easy to get the 1500 gold/day) and with a nice view of the sea.

But this is the first lot deed I've had. How are they so easy to acquire? I must have missed something...?

Kara Brae and Lady Kathleen like this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Everyone who finished Chapter 1 gets a free player owned town Row lot deed. You shouldn’t be able to get a Row lot in Aerie though?

Edit: unless You are playing the offline game.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Lady Kathleen likes this.
  16. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I think this is about offline single player, so all the lots are open in any town, since you are alone ;). Unless I am missing something...

Lady Kathleen and Jaesun like this.
  17. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

If you are talking about Offline Single Player, there are many different ways to make money. Loot is increased, prices are increased in your favor from crafting, etc, etc all kinds of boosts etc. It's not as limiting as online modes.

18. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Collect gold then go to the real estate person above the bank but you need LOTS of gold

Jaesun likes this.
  19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

When I said that lot deeds were easy to acquire, I should have put "easy" in quotes. You are right, it is possible, but not really easy. I started playing the offline game with two row deeds and a village lot deed in my account, but I wanted a town lot in order to have a larger garden. So in the offline game I started from day one to save up my gold to earn 240k for a tax-free town lot deed. I finally have it but am undecided on where to place it. Currently I claimed a town lot in Resolute, but it is not decorated so it would be easy for me to move to somewhere else. I don't think I will have the staying power to save up for a city lot deed. I wish lots were cheaper in the offline game. If I were a real estate magnate with lots everywhere it wouldn't hurt any one. And I would finally have enough wall space to place all the paintings I am getting as loot in the offline game!

I am familiar with the row lots in Aerie that you mention. In the online game I had my heart set on the one closest to the bridge. It was right across from the Oracle, had a great view of the docks and there was a huge beautiful swamp tree with hanging tendrils right next to it that beautified the view. I tried to claim it but someone else beat me to it in another instance by a fraction of a second. If I had had a better Internet connection, I might have succeeded in claiming it. The house on that lot looks like it has been locked and abandoned ever since. :( The tree has since been removed for the sake of performance, so the lot isn't as beautiful as it once was, but I am still sad that it seems to be unused. I ended up claiming another row lot in an alley down the hill towards the docks.

jregel likes this.
  20. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Can you describe the position of this lot in more detail so I can find it? I don't have a city lot deed and don't know if I will ever manage to get one, but I would love to see the lot anyway. :)

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.