Question for Offline players: How are you progressing/earning gold?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Ah, I forgot Fiona was a healer.

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Wow, thank you for the great quest list! I have saved it to refer to when completing quests.

I find that I have a very hard time keeping track of which quests I have completed with which of my accounts. I didn't keep tabs by taking notes, and the journal is hardly any help at all. I did discover by looking at your list that my offline character has overlooked some of the quests in the areas she has been in so she will have to go back and look.

The town list is also very useful, thank you for posting it! I currently have row lots in Ardoris and Central Brittany, a town lot in Resolute and a village lot that hasn't been placed yet. I only had to purchase the Town lot since the others were in my account.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Plus, even when you do complete quests they don't clear from your journal and the "blue sparklies" still show up on the compass and the overland map.

I know they are working on an overhaul to the quest system for online mode and that the offline mode would follow after that. Not sure when all that will be, but I remember Darkstarr mentioning that it would take some time because it was a major undertaking. We'll just have to wait and see! :)

Kara Brae likes this.
  4. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Melee+reagent-free spells works really well to make money.

Kara Brae likes this.
  5. Godra

Godra Avatar

@DarkStarr

So my question for months now is where are the pledge homes for purchase? We have so many items they released to offline mode for purchase with gold coin, but the pledge reward homes are still not in Single Player Offline for purchase. I don't think they will ever be in except as a pledge reward for claiming. This seems to be another partially broken promise on the list. I get that the staff is reduced significantly and must move forward to EP2, but I think this should have been done by now. I purchased a home from another player for Online, but that is not a reward for my account. Therefore, I cannot claim it in Offline mode. I have lost a couple of items due to my save games files were lost on a failed SSD too. Frustrating!

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

As far as the lost items due to save game files. If you started over.. then What I heard all you needed to do was clear all characters then make a new one and it would let you redownload all your rewards again.

And YES I would love to see more homes in the offline..

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Godra

Godra Avatar

And from what I was told, yes that is true, but if any items were not in the bank before you delete the character, then those rewards cannot be claimed again. Now if something has changed in the past 12 months or so, then that is new news to me.

8. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I had not heard anything about things being in the bank part...

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You don't need to delete any characters or saved games. The key is to go into offline mode and then hit "Load" on the UI, and then "New Game". This is what will wipe the data about any previous reward claiming and set you up completely fresh. By deleting the characters and saved games, you actually still stayed on the existing saved account behind the scenes.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...correct-bank-items-for-second-account.137454/

Perhaps this might help?

Cordelayne, Rentier and Lady Kathleen like this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Supply bundles are a big score in offline mode gold-wise

Lady Kathleen likes this.
  11. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

i think i made gold selling corpse wax from skeletons.

Kara Brae likes this.
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Hmmm…. Maybe I am saving too much junk. I am getting a lot of grey bundles and once and a while yellow bundles and have been keeping everything in them. I use the cooking ingredients for cooking and the crafting materials for crafting. I suppose I could sell potions that I don't use - I get 16 gold for one potion. I only get 10 gold for an artifact (Ring of the Mouse) and normal weapon prices for special weapons like Wand of Static Discharge (85 g). Recipes I get in the bundles can be sold for 25 g.

But I can loot stuff worth this much from a single mob, so although I'm glad to get things in the bundles that I can't buy, I don't view the bundles as a special good source of gold. Am I overlooking something?

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Maybe i am missing something, i thought artifacts sold for a thousand gold or more.

When i was playing it earlier this year each bundle yellow and up was droping several artifacts every time. I was farming them off the ferocious ancient obsidian golems cuz they drop a bundle almost every time (sometimes 2 bundles) and they are yellow-orange.

I didnt actually run to a town to try and sell them tho

14. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Online artifact sell for a Lot... But in offline you can only sell to the vendor.. some are 10 gold some are a bit more, but I save a lot of them so I can salvage them for repairing the ones I like.

Kara Brae likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

In online they sell to vendors for over a thousand, i didnt know it was different in offline.

But if they sell that low on offline then probably just arwas with lots of humanoids. Tier 6 and up skeleton warriors kobolds or pirates would be good

16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

That would be nice, but no.

I tried selling crafted wolf headdresses, but I earn only the same amount I would earn if I sold the animal hide ingredients, and only if I have no crafting failures. The only reason to craft them would be to get producee xp.

kaeshiva likes this.
  17. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I craft a lot of things and sell them if I don't need them for the XP

Kara Brae likes this.
  18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Have you found anything to be lucrative? I’ve only been able to break even or sell things at a loss. Maybe I haven’t found the right thing to craft yet. :confused:

19. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I think they did their homework when pricing items... nothing lucrative i found yet.

kaeshiva and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.