Idea for Livestream rewards and goal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Idea for Livestream rewards and goals that players could show how much they want something fixed by supporting to reach the reward.

Greetings All and @DarkStarr . I have been thinking about the health of the game and I am concerned about the dropping prices and the amount of people saying they are leaving the game. I love this game and want it to last until at lease EP5. I also love the new items we get during the Livestreams and know that this is a way for Port to make money to continue to advance the game.

So how do we combine the 2 things to continue to make people happy and to retain and grow a larger player base? My idea is:

Next Livestream instead of the new armor, weapons, Deco, or pets lets have the goals be fixable problems in the game. For instance the quest system. Instead of having the DEVs work on new Items like a new set of armor lets have a $10k goal to fix so and so quest, or a whole quest line. A $25k goal to finish the Balance of the loot tables, As the amount gets higher the problems could be a bit harder but still fixable like maybe the map rotation and player cursor direction in scenes.

I know I would miss the new items but for the DEVs spend their time on fixing problems instead of making cosmetic things would be a much better use of their time right now.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I like it!

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Variations of this suggestion come up every so often however it missed the point entirely, the purpose of the rewards is to cover the running costs of the current development (including bug fixes) for a small return on investment. It doesn't cost 10k for an emote or 80k for a new set of armour, obviously a portion goes into them but a substantial amount goes towards other development. Another point is the allocation of skills as a particular developer may easily be able to create new assets but may not be suited to tracking, replicating and fixing programming bugs.

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Lained, I think the current DEV base is able to do multiple jobs. If you look at the Stand up Corner it shows each persons area and many times they are overlapped. If not doing the new items lets the DEVs reassign duties maybe other things can be worked on. Ultimately it is just a suggestion.

5. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I like it... kind of... :) I'm not going to or want to give them money to fix a bug. They wrote it, the broke it, I expect them to fix it. Now, not to rain on the parade, I think something like the following is acceptable and still along the lines you are presenting:

Raise such and such $ to add a new feature/enhancement. At 25k it is feature X. At 50k it is feature Y (NOT Y & X, just Y... but Y is a bigger/better feature). At 75k it is feature Z and it's super cool and bigger than the rest! Maybe give out 1 cool deco/emote/thing to commemorate feature/enhancement.

With this model we are actually paying for the expansion of the game.

6. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I would have to think thats what the money is currently going to - we just get a reward for it. So win-win.

I just wish the damn one-hand polearm patterns werent so high up the list. The only decent looking one is the Darkstarr one - we lost out on Aether, the key theme, gonna miss dragon most likely. UGGGGG. I already subscribe on a couple accounts and still buy stuff but never the polearm pattern love.

Jaesun, Ataniiq and Lained like this.
  7. Keldorn of the Vale

Keldorn of the Vale Avatar

Wasn't this included in our initial pledge? A fully working game?

Feeyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.