Has aggro been fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tila Tenderfoot, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

This is getting quite frustrating. I'm a light armor archer speccing life/moon. I steal aggro from a tank swordsman and a tank mage EVERY time - trolls, satyrs, you name it. I cannot survive in light armor despite dodge/high dexterity BECAUSE of the aggro that is being pulled and non-existent focus. And then i get hit with a pricey death decay. PLEASE fix the light armor archer build.

I switch to my healing deck with white iron chainmail - and suddenly I don't pull aggro and I don't die.

2. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I don't know if its been fixed or what but I still find it all over the place and highly random specially in instances where you never even touched the mob and my bro is just shredding it down yet it still on you and you're just like >. >

Then other times I don't know how accurate these dps meters are but I pull agrro off my bro even tho it says he is doing way more dps then me which doesn't make much sense.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its the rapid fire, each damage tick is getting you agro and rapid fire is hitting many times really fast. If you just dont attack for a bit and let the tank build up agro ( and hopefully its not undead and the sword tank can use rend, rend helps keep agro from all the ticks ) that it should stay on him.

Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  4. disorder

disorder Avatar

Make sure your tank is the host. There is something funky going on for sure since R57 or something. When I am not the host, people are able to pull agro off me and I can taunt a 1000 times and its like I am invisible. If I am hosting the instance, no one can pull the mob off me except in very extreme circumstances.

I cannot figure out why, but I only lose agro if I am not the host. It never used to be this way.

Witcheypoo and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  5. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

No rapid fire, not my instance. I did wait to get the aggro.

6. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I'll investigate further, but really wish this aggro situation allowed me to group up and play my favorite build.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Take a close look at how aggro is being generated now, based on the changes Chris made last release. There are ways to a tank to generate aggro, but if they aren’t dong any of those things, he’s not going to keep aggro. I feel that if tanks can keep aggro in UT, which many do, with al, that damage being done by dips, they should be able to handle it elsewhere. But it something the tan’ has to work at, it isn’t just going to automatically happen.

Elwyn likes this.
  8. disorder

disorder Avatar

That is not really the case. I can hold agro in UT with or without the host. You taunt 5 times in UT and the mobs will not switch target, you can stand there and do nothing as the tank until they die. My group is noticing this a LOT more on high hitpoint targets for example Obsidian Destroyers, Lich Bosses, Troll bosses... It is really essential that I am the host when fighting these sorts of things otherwise there is a very high chance I will lose agro and sit there spamming taunt seemingly invisible.

We have experimented with this a lot and our results seem consistent.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Are people using mezzes on the mob/s? I noticed a few releases ago that when I was death specced and used corpse explosion and mezzed some enemies, it reset the agro and the mobs would go after the first person they saw once the mezz was over.

Aeryk and Net like this.
  10. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Heck, last week I played with Alphaine, who is the highest bludgeon user in the game, and has 6-7 adventurer levels on me, and I stole his aggro from the dragon. I used blind/fireflies/meteor shower plus 5x disabling/5x aimed/blinding, and some poison.

11. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Gosh, that's interesting. I wasn't using mez.
    I only used disabling/aimed/multishot on this deck plus meteor shower and occasional heals for the team. And festering poison on the mobs.

12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If anyone uses it, but prolly they are not, not many people do. I am just trying to figure it out, see if we can solve this for ya.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  13. strontian

strontian Avatar

Tank taunt quick make good taunt
    Tank target foe make good taunt

phlunk

disorder and Tsumo2 like this.
  14. amarious

amarious Avatar

About an hour ago I stole a dragon from my party with just auto attack and aimed shot. Luckily it didn't kill me but yeah, I feel your pain.

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well, I'm starting to think you guys just have crappy tanks then. Dam this came out wrong, I meant it as a joke, should have put a smiley face or something.

16. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

If a tank is 121 al, 120 train strength/dex, and a bludgeon user, he must definitely be crappy.

Mac, it’s the issue of balance or some messed up code.

17. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Actually, Alphaine might have this dragon stealing thing on his twitch. I’ll dig it up and link.

18. disorder

disorder Avatar

That doesn't mean anything at all. Not to diss your tank or anything, but there are a lot of factors at play. He is bludgeon, what was he using for dot's? Did the Dragon happen to fly a lot? Does he use taunt? Was he host? How often? Did it happen once cause he was a little slack or lazy that encounter and then never again after because he hit taunt more? Would like to see the video. I am really interested if you're able to steal agro from me with this build you are using, I've not met anyone who can yet on Dragons. Delarid Darkwood in game and in your Discord if you fancy trying sometime :)

Ive just spent the last 4 hours killing Dragons with Archers, not a single issue all night.

I still believe its the issue where the tank needs to be the Host, and that Alphaine probably was not.

Aeryk and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  19. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

DOT Poison generates a LOT of aggro. I can pull a dragon off Armeleon (very high level good player) who is using fire and swords with very little effort honestly. I have to not use poison when not tanking. So call it a mechanic or whatever, its still very hard to hold aggro. I mentioned this a year ago and was told it was fine. Then came the belt, then came some aggro changes. But to effectively tank you need to deal a lot of damage still - which is not traditional of a tank.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well, if you paid attention to the changes to aggro, you would realize why you are getting aggro.

From Chris' Blog...
    I highlighted the yellow part to explain what I mean. Specifically the last part of it... "debuffs and stuns should produce large aggro". If you are using disabling shot and festering poison, that is 2 "40 point" aggro gainers in your attacks. Plus, add in the damage you are doing with all your attacks and meteor shower, and then the heal aggro that add to your aggro total. Poisons are a really big part of it because with ranged you are just attacking so quickly that you have lot's of chances to add the debuff.

I'd suggest first off, not using the poison. I'd also suggest using the Escape skill from light armor tree as often as you can. It might also help if you let the tank build up some aggro first before you even start attacking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.