How will bots / gold farmers be dealth with in Shroud in the Avatar?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Lord Viceroy, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Viceroy

Lord Viceroy Avatar

I am curious how will bots and gold farmers be dealt with in Shroud of the Avatar in which seems to plague so many other MMO's. Can I hear some answers from the development team on how it intends on combating this issue before it even becomes an issue within this game?

2. ChosenPredator

ChosenPredator Avatar

if there is open PVP im sure they would pretty much devastate gold miners.

3. Lord Viceroy

Lord Viceroy Avatar

Yeah but we already know there isn't going to be open PvP.

4. Lord Viceroy

Lord Viceroy Avatar

If a certain amount of active game-play is reached then I think that players account should be flagged and investigated as to what sorts of activities in which are taking place on that account without the player knowing that they are being monitored.

5. Knight2

Knight2 Avatar

That wouldn't work they have enough things to figure out than to monitor someone because they played 40 hours this week instead of 20 from last week. Maybe the player took a weeks vacation. Gold farmers and bots like you said are in every game. However, this game doesn't have a global market auction house, therefore they won't be able to really fudge up anything, they would have to spend more time walking through every city, village, and town buying all they can from all venders, to put it up on their own venders at a higher price, while in the meantime of doing so, those others already got their money and can start loading their venders up some more.

No one would want to buy the high priced stuff knowing there is more out there. I really don't think it will be a problem in this one as much as in the past, and when they realize this, they won't be playing it as much. I don't think you need to worry here bud.

6. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Yeah what ThommyGunn said, since there won't be a Global Auction House, it should be ok. It was also joked around that somebody in the chat suggested that there would be regional currency or something of the like. I wouldn't know how that would work if I had cash from another location, but that would probably throw the farmers out for a loop.

7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Just push everything to be less efficient and effective. Ultimately cheap labor should help an economy rather than hurting it. Real players just move higher up the value chain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.