Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Skeletons broken

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Griffler, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

1: Skeletons running Faster then players. I reported and was told this was a bug when UT went in, it never was addressed and has spread now to Ravensmoore, maybe others but recollection fails me.

2: Skeletons in the Ravensmoor scenes are doing nonsense damage. :mad: Adv level 110 with 100+ in all defensive stats and fully buffed in fully worked plate was taking the below damage.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the great work and dedication Port! <3

10/03/2018 06:42
    Title: Skeletons Broken
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Normal mobs should not be out-running and out-dps'n a player significantly higher spec'd then them. (Nor green skellies being able to stun WAY above their ability?)
    Steps to Reproduce: Find some skellies in Ravensmoor or UT
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32694
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.Win.64.843.Date.10.02.18
    Area: Dungeon1_DragonBoneCrypt
    Area Display Name: Ruins of Ravensmoor
    Loc: (0.5, 7.5, 63.8)
    Debug: RHVuZ2VvbjFfRHJhZ29uQm9uZUNyeXB0fHwoMC40NTIsIDcuNTA3LCA2My43NzQpfCgwLCAtMC4zNDYsIDAsIDAuOTM4KXwxNDIxLjc1M3wzNS45ODE3N3w0LjA0MTg0OA==

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Overworld skeleton encounters appear faster now too, was able to out-run them before and not be pulled in to the instance, cannot any longer.

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Submitted 62294 and 62295

4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Not sure about the speed part but the Ravensmoor part is by design. This dungeon is on the hidden vale which is moving to be a more challenging area due to the influence of the aether comet. Many of the creatures in there are now T10. If you can't handle the skeletons, don't even think of taking on the new boss at the bottom. He has the new feature of getting large bonuses based on how many undead are near him. It will take an organized and experienced group to tackle him!

Griffler likes this.
  5. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

@Chris Thanks for the reply. I understand the skeletons being harder, and I've gone all the way through with a good group. The issue I'm bringing up is that the skeletons are running faster then the player, minus any speed effects. Also, I feel a green skeleton should not be able to stun a player significantly higher than it, with an amazing success chance, as the skeletons in UT are. Across the board, it feels as though skeletons are a little "hacky" and run speed for them seems just a hair too much and I've had a dev agree, of course, you have the ultimate input.

Again while understanding the increased difficulty, outside of that they still seem broke, or are just by design able to pull off magical feats of strength and dexterity that players never could? Skeletons did not have the super speed I know for sure before UT went in and is the main reason I've posted the bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.