For me SOTA will blossom when we get RvR / Castle Defence.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I am totally enthralled with SOTA in an unhealthy way, but I don't care. It is the MMO I have always wanted, despite its rough edges and Boho Dev style, but I'd much rather have the rich imagination and magic dust sprinkled content than any other cookie cutter polished turd.

There are loads of threads on what is needed to trigger the growth in the player base or turn this unpolished diamond into a gem fit for a Queens crown, but it occurs to me that it is just one thing; RvR or Castle Defence as its called here.

If I could as a generally but not exclusively non PVP Player fight for my Realm, Faction or in SOTA's case my Virtue, I think the game would ignite. It has all of the underlying concepts systems and lore needed to set on fire the global simmering conflict that is already there awaiting our more direct, visceral and fun inducing involvement.

It wouldn't surprise me given the imaginations of the Development team that this was already in the pipeline, but it would be great to have it confirmed.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Dhanas, Astirian and Gorthyn like this.
  2. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

RVR or a proper Guild war system would be fantastic. These are things that bemuse as to why they are not high on the list of priorities for Port (along with sorting out the hopeless quest system). If so much Dev time can be expended on something like fishing then why not on these sorts of things as well for crying out loud ? @DarkStarr

Bow Vale likes this.
  3. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

I'm a huge chicken when it comes to PvP but I'll admit I had a lot of fun as a Bright Wizard in Warhammer Online back in the day. I'm not sure why that game failed but I remember reading something written by someone far smarter than me in these matters that it had a lot to do with the fact that it was 1-v-1 arrangement. Apparently a third party greatly enhances the dynamic. Oh look! ... Love, Truth and Courage! :D

Chatele and Steevodeevo like this.
  4. Purie

Purie Avatar

how to destroy a game: let EA touch it

Elwyn, Astirian and Tabatha like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Astirian and Steevodeevo like this.
  6. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Faction wars anyone? Even as a non PvP player in UO they were huge fun.

Steevodeevo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.