Armor Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chrystoph Reis, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I was thinking of a way to make wearing full-sets types of certain armor more attractive.

We all know they introduced the high fizzle rate to Heavy Armor to balance out casters wearing plate just for the benefit of Heavy.

So after some thought, I said to myself stick or carrot. We already have a DR bonus for wearing all one type of armor, but as you can see in-game people don't really care about it that much. So I thought instead of, or in addition to wearing one type of armor why not do this.

Cloth full-set - Bonus 5 Intel
    Leather full-set - Bonus 5 Dex (or equivalent to 5 intel)
    Chain full-Set - Bonus 1 Intel, 1.5 Dex, 2.5 Str
    Plate full set - Bonus 4str, 100 Health

Then you could significantly lower the fizzle rate on heavy armor for Tier 1 and 2 spells, so that skills like fist and ignite weapon, which to be honest only really benefit melee classes, can be used without the insane fizzle rates they have.

What do you guys think? Modifications needed? Insane idea?
    @Chris

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

This could likely be the product of tool tip confusion, but I could have sworn that wearing full plate gives a 10% bonus to armor related skills.

If not, it ought to, and 10% is a bit stingy... Perhaps plate could give a larger bonus for heavy armor skills and cloth a larger bonus for light armor.

Many folks consider armor choice to merely an aesthetic choice, but the handicap caused by fizzle is very real.

In other words, I prefer the carrot as described by @Chrystoph Reis

3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

You are correct. I don't know when that changed... may have been during my 8month hiatus.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Its 2.5% to heavy or light armor skills depending on which chest piece you have on for each other piece of that armor type, no differentiation between specific armor type. (cloth/leather/bone all the same for the purpose of the bonus) This doesn't effect very many skills and is pretty negligable.

5. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Best thing I ever did was switch from wearing one armor type to chain chest, I recall deciding on making the switch still, as I was sitting in cloth, gm all armor skills and started training heavy after having put a chain chest on, As heavy started climbing, before it was even at a satisfactory level it became clear that all the effort into light was a waste of my personal time. Unless something has changed since. I feel that the gm'd skills with higher end gear on in the light tree should have been comparable to the just initiated training of the heavy armor tree, Seemed like a large problematic gap , for it to have been so obvious so soon.

6. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

It's not, light is really bad compared to heavy, I think there is a hidden stat called "absorption" or something that only goes up if you have a heavy chest on, And it seems to prevent a lot of damage right off the top. And strength passives are just busted for everyone.

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Absorbtion is the max damage resist %, both damage resist and absorbtion are higher as well as higher avoidance with heavy.

Light armor sacrifices most of the damage resistance and absorbtion and except for bone armor, all the avoidance for the ability to attack significantly faster and dodge spells.

High dex and dodge skill with a shield with high deflect is pretty good at avoiding direct magic attacks like stone and ice arrows theoretically and im getting ready to try that against some npcs

Jason_M and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.