since the game has gone free to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by probablydeadv2, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

what rewards are now given to us who paid 40$ before it had gone free to play since there is no difference in content … ? still curious as I have not gotten any claimed rewards since my 1 coin I got when I first bought my account... and that communication orb. that orb and 1 coin is not worth 40$ lol... ( expecially when they sell 4 coins for 5$ and the orb for 2$ )…. and the overall full content played is now free...

I have been trying to look for alist for rewards based on amount paid for account or pledge... but there is no list anywhere .

when I look at at my account settings it says this

Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues (digital)
    2018-06-22 00:33:47 $40

….. but has no info to what im awarded for having a paid copy... and knowing free to plays are getting the same quality content as me for free upsets me without being properly compensated. Even a basic reward program upgrade would have been sufficient the moment it went free to play to not UNDERMINE anyone who was only able to buy the base pack in the first place....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You can upgrade the Bundle with additional funds.

3. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

clearly you are not undersatning the issue..

I have paid 40$ for an account *(with no linked rewards )

THE game is now free to play...

meaning people have full access for what I paid 40$ for

.. with NO upgrade to my accounts reward setting. ( which is my issue im seeing ) ..

why would I want to PUT more money into the game... to get rewards... which I should be entitled to the moment it went free to play WHILE I had a 40$ copy of the game,,,,, when there is zero difference between the free to play content and the paid...all I see is a reason to call my bank and issue a refund and continue playing... free.... with all the same access... there was zero compensation issued for players who owned the game before it went free to play... ( minus a 2$ com orb ) im not exspecing anything huge.... but ALL basic account subscriptions that were paid... should have been auto signed up into the rewards program they have set up the moment they made it f2p.

4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

@probablydeadv2, if i understand correctly, you are looking for something additional beyond what you paid for. If that is the case, what do you feel would be reasonable?

thanks

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

"which I should be entitled to"

wanna show me where it say you entitled to rewards cuz of the change? Why cant you just be happy you helped the game out?

6. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

I was mainly thinking …. anyone who had paid for an account … should be signed up for the basic montly sub ( as long as they paid ).. since they supported the game... even a 6 month trial into it would have been enough... ( and would have enticed people to buy it after it expired )

because paying 40$ to have that same game go free to play in less than 6 months... is actually an easy refund via my bank .

knowing no other account was affected as they still got there rewards but anyone who paid for base entry was pretty much given the shaft.. ( always kill your bottom men right )

7. that_shawn_guy

how long would the free monthly sub go for?

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

So when you buy something, then you find out later its on sale, do you go to the store and ask for the money difference between what you paid and the sale price?

kaeshiva and amarious like this.
  9. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

that is not the same concept here... at all... electronic / game laws are actually quite indepth to prevent these type of scams. and why I will have full access to a refund via my bank due to terms in timeframe... BUT I was wondering WHY they shafted us players who invested that base rate... which was a lot for the quality of this game... to make it free to play without giving anyone anything of value for that exchange ( anyone with the higher tier packages still have tehre ground above the free to play due to there monthly rewards... ) but us people who only had the 40 have nothing to separate us from them..... and im 100% willing to pull out what I put in if this is how it is handled..

10. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

$40 isn't much. I've spent that on other games I load up once and play for less than an hour. To get the "most" out of your $40 you should really consider upgrading to get a few more perks. You could even upgrade slowly during weekly sales until you get enough for a tax free deed. Then your $40 could be considered a down payment.

Frequently games and expansions eventually go F2P. The benefit of buying initially if you get to play earlier.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes it is, you bought something, then later that price changed, and you want more now because of that change.

12. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

not at all. this is why internet good/servivse have a separate set of laws to follow then common goods... you sir are clearly just trying to derail.. see yourself out.

buying a servive on the internet and having that same serives terminate or go free of change in less than 12 months time can be instated a full refund if you live within most us states... stores actually do follow 90 day sale grace periods in the electronic department....... so if the item you bought sells cheaper at that same location than you paid for it you can get tha same rate...

13. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

I would rather... refund my 40$ and buy 1 set of coins... and call it good... cause that is all the game is worth tbh I have played every majoy title game since 1997 and haven't ever seen a company pull this move without some type of compensation... EVEN daybreak games handles these type of isues better... and they ran h1z1 into the ground. Every game I ever see go free to play offered some type of in game content for previous owenres that use to be behind a pay wall or some type of skins . never empty handed . its funny how there big whales stay full but the bottom feeders don't get anything but a pack on the back saying thanks. Every game I play that use to be paid and gone free has exclusive content that everyone who owned the game prior to that moment got.

14. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Nope Daybreak completed cheated myself and others. I bought the highest level Pledges for both H1Z1 and EQ Next. I spent SOE credits on both, several hundred worth. EQ Next shut down and never released. H1Z1 Just Survived shut down. Those credits I spent, not one recovered.

Daybreak gave NOTHING in return, including a playable game.

At least you have something to play for your $40 with SOTA.

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  15. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

I would say 2-3 months. maybe 4.... ( it would maybe even entice some of the players to continue it ) but at this rate... I couldn't invest anymore into this company... if they do this to the bottom tier player already … I don't want to see what happens when they really get hungry. I remember what happened to ultima before they sold to ea....

I just don't see how someone could even tell me to invest more... when I feel robbed for investing 40$ and getting zero in return not even a title for being a backer which I technically would be at this rate.... ( even though the 40$ accounts when I bought it weren't considered backers due to them being THE CHEAPEST BUY IN ) but funny how that works 1 way and completely overlooked.….

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

At the very least, that $40 will count toward buying a bundle. As I understand it, a f2p player would have to pay that when first buying a bundle.

17. that_shawn_guy

that seems reasonable to me.

18. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

so... I find that wrong... cause on my free account. when I go to upgrade.. 40$ would get me the wiking starter bundle I HAVE invest 10 more dollars to get that package on my paid account... which means... I have to pay 50 to their 40...

19. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

I mean I sent a email into support. so in the end it will be handled one way or the other. was seeing if anyone else had any info on this situation themselves. thanks for all your input and helping the situation as much as you could. Im looking forward to that return email. sometimes you guys are faster than support ;p

20. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

It doesn't seem unreasonable that someone who bought the game got a title or item to display in their home, or somesutch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.