I need a special chest

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Proteus Tempest, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I need a chest that can be linked with other items.

In this case I will speak of linking a chest with a player made blank page and other items say a sword and dagger in this example.

The page will then have some writing on it and the player who is in possession of that note will be able to open the special chest and get only the sword and dagger that is linked to it.

In this way I will be able to make a letter, write a message on it saying that the items can be gotten out of this chest,
    Then the player can go to the chest and get another treasure stemming from that supply bundle.

So as an example,

"Thank you (a name representing a buyer) for you purchase of the sword and dagger , I hope your expedition went well and after your expedition your sword and dagger will be waiting in a chest at my home. Feel free to pick it up at your leisure.

In this case the player may realize the buyer never made it back from the expedition and he/she now has the receipt.

This could be very useful as well in our player made dungeons. The reason for going in in the first place to retrieve something.

Also it does not have to be just the letter that allows a person to take something out of the chest. It would be another item that allows a person access into a chest.

It would also be helpful if the holder of the letter, key, item would only see those items that the "key" is linked to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.