New premium items?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord of the Sheep, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I haven't completed the quest lines myself, nor have I kept a timer on the time I've spent in-game playing through them, but it's been advertised as 40 hours of gameplay.

Lord of the Sheep likes this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I agree with you 100%. Even as an early backer with a tax-free village lot, a tax free row lot and two taxed row lots, I have zero incentive to purchase any deco because I don‘t have room for any more. My bank is full of outdoor rewards that I can‘t place anywhere. For this reason I am thinking of cancelling my monthly subscription. Imposing restrictions on property ownership and then trying to raise money by selling deco is a strategy that I haven‘t yet understood.

3. Lord of the Sheep

Lord of the Sheep Avatar

Yes and the median total play time on SteamSpy is 3 hours and 28 minutes. People are missing out on the best developed feature of the game.

4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Prepaid taxes. Great idea.

5. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

Hmmm.. this confuses me however... didn't you say that those suggestions would negate the 'P2W' argument? Ding - to an instant decent build sounds like P2W to me..

Elwyn and Cyin like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The problem with the free-2-play model has Always been that a small number of people pay for the majority of the player's entertainment. In mobile games, if you monetize 1% of your installed user base, you're doing really well... 2% is a hit... 5% is an OMGBBQ!!! And that's with a Free-2-Play microtransaction model... Getting the user to make that First Purchase is the trick, and I see the problem with your suggestion (given that your number is correct and I've no reason to doubt it) is that I can't see a deeds being available for Any price in the store having any significant effect on that number... You're not likely to incentivize a new consumer to make that first purchase in 3 hours and 28 minutes.

If you just Give deeds away, you quickly (Even with POTs) run out of lots to claim, and then people get really pissed off if they have a deed and no place to use it.

7. Lord of the Sheep

Lord of the Sheep Avatar

Well, technically nobody is winning by avoiding a limited time investment. I mentioned a decent build, not a grandmaster build or every skill.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Lord of the Sheep

Lord of the Sheep Avatar

Episode two should double the landmass, or so it was said. I'm not worried about that.

I'm not entirely kidding if I say the game would do great if you started as a new character IN an owned row lot. I know, shooting for the moon. But what if you could sell that one lamp to every person. Worked for IKEA.

EA is rolling in it with the Sims by bundling additional deco in packs for relatively low prices.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Kara Brae likes this.
  9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

For information: the row lot is not tax free! The taxes are 250g a day. Would be great if this would be, but it isn't - yet ;)

10. Lord of the Sheep

Lord of the Sheep Avatar

How much COTOs per month would it be for a row lot? Remember, I'm a lazy F2P player with a Steam wallet.

11. Paladin Michael

I don't think it gets doubled - I assume the land mass which will be added could be the amount of hidden vale, or a bit more ...

12. Paladin Michael

Currently you can pay taxes with gold or Coto. And 1 Coto spends 3.500 Gold. So you can pay 14 days with one Coto.
    But selling/buing a Coto is currently for about 5000 - 6000. So I wouldn't spend a Coto for taxes ;)

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

IMO you missed his point which was "Steam wallet". To me this translates as "i want to pay hard cash for my taxes". So i guess store Cotos would be the way to go.

Lot of assumptions here, i know ^^

14. Lord of the Sheep

Lord of the Sheep Avatar

It certainly was, but not in the way you read it. Since losing Travian, Steam Wallet is probably their best bet right now.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

On any given Friday, you can buy 4 CotA from the Add-On Store for $4 and have your rent paid for 2 months.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This would be possible were this a 'sharded' game with multiple servers and the ability to spawn new servers to meet demand.
    ...It's not.
    It's a single server and land, and thereby lots, are a limited resource.

Elwyn likes this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I believe it took me about 4-5 hours to complete all the quests on two accounts, I YouTubed the walk threw. It’s very easy to get xp in the game and the guidance potion allows you to use it very fast. I would even say upper tears is so easy and fast it might even almost count as a poof ur higher level mechanic like your looking for. The tax rates on row houses are 250gold a day you can make that in a few mobs a couple hours of playing you will be able to pay a few weeks of taxes, one lucky drop and you can pay 104 days in advance.

As far as deed costs I’m not opposed to pot deeds being on npc vendors for cheap gold but that’s just my op.

I’ve never played a game that’s easier to power level a toon than this game. Leveling a toon to the 80s like portal suggests is their target level is stupid easy.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you ignore the lore and just use a guide to shotgun the main quests for a free house, it proby would take a few days including leveling.

Since you can go anywhere from the get go (and if you know what your doing you can jump right into tier 4-5 zones within an hour) leveling high enough to complete all story quests doesnt have to take very long, so its possible to knock it all out in like 10 hours. And thats if getting that house lot is your goal and you already have an idea how to go about it.

If you play offline its even quicker because everything is half the difficulty, 10x the loot, and cotos drop like hotcakes

Elwyn and Lord of the Sheep like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Additionally, one need not Own a Property Individually to reap the benefits of home ownership...
    While One Avatar will be listed as the Owner, multiple Avatars can be resident in the house and be made Co-Owners which gives them the ability to do most anything they'd like on the lot.
    There are also Inn (I have 6 in Dawn's Keep... 96 rooms... I could quickly add another 150 with Basement for the existing inns were their sufficient demand) and I (and many other innkeepers) will let an Avatar have a room simply by asking for one. No rent required. Cost of ownership 0.

Admitedly, the Deco potential on a shared house, or (especially) a room in an inn is limited, but even in an inn room, my tenants are allowed 4 containers, and storage is one of the primary advantages of homes...

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I feel like I've been having a rational conversation with my Crazy Uncle at Thanksgiving...

It feels...

...nice. :)

You're going to improve my opinion of Reddit Trolls, @Lord of the Sheep. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.