Tablet/Smartphone companion app

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Twiztid, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

When I was going over the list of completed stretch goals on the Star Citizen site, I came across one that really peaked my interests, and I thought it was such a great idea that I would LOVE to see something like it brought into SotA!

Basically a Tablet/Smartphone/Any mobile platform app that would give us access to certain features of the game. Such as maybe....
    News Feeds?
    Character list with inventory
    Bank Contents
    Quest logs: Completed and uncompleted

and my personal favorite!!
    To be able to manage your Vendors!!

How freakin great would that be?!?! To be able to manage your vendors without having to be at the computer, check or change prices, view recent transactions, change quantities, honestly the list goes on and on

But all in all, I think that a mobile companion app would be an AMAZING addition to this game!

If you guys are in favor of this too, PLEASE post in this thread and show your support
    I don't think this would be a very hard thing to add, and if enough of us want it, we just might be able to have it with the launch of the game!

2. Taibo

Taibo Avatar

Agree with you here. Especially the vendor management. That would be an awesome way to pass the time when you only have access to a tablet. If possible maybe even limited crafting, fishing, etc that doesn't require too much hardware power. It would be awesome to see the world map also so that you can see people on your friends list and you could even use that as a companion screen when you are playing on your desktop.

3. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

Yeah... And I know RG was talking about having a version of the game that would be able to be played on a tablet, like a mobile version of the game...

That's also fine and dandy, but not what I'm talking about. I'm all for a complete mobile version of the game as well, but I'm literally talking about a "companion" app.

Just something that I can log into and just manage certain features of my game, almost like a virtual newspaper, or a modern town cryer...

Maybe like a virtual Tavern... IDK, just spitballing here, but I think it's a great idea

4. Silver

Silver Avatar

5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I would love to see a mobile crafting / gathering min-game that serves as an interface for the actual game. These are things I'd want to do casually.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=is-it-backwards-to-pay-for-housing

6. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

+1 @PrimeRib - don't see why crafting couldn't be mobile. If not this episode definitely next!

7. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

Lets hope for this episode though huh? =P

8. Retro

Retro Avatar

+1
    I like this even better then the 2.5M VR stretch goal, simply because it benefits more people.

As for functionality, I would add:
    Guild management(members and buildings)and information.
    Home management and moving furniture in your house.
    Alerts - Attempted home break-ins (provided you have the right spell cast, trap set or some such)
    - When a friend logs in to play etc.
    - Stop playing you have an exam to write in 15 minutes Alerts.
    Friends list/in game mail (communication)
    Time of Day/Weather reports in different areas of the map. (checks the app, hey its night time and raining in the swamp with a full moon jackpot! time to login and try to harvest some nightshade...etc)

9. rhysling

rhysling Avatar

+1!

I think this idea is brilliant. Being able to manage my journal and other information from in the game, using it as my map and making notations on it as I go, managing vendors or other items. Absolutely!

I'm not entirely convinced on the VR thing yet, but a companion app could be immediately useful if robust enough.

10. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

+1

I would rather Tablet/Smartphone support than VR tbh. I had posted something a while back and think I'll just link it for others to see since it might be buried somewhere...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=crafting-on-the-go-via-tabletphone/#post-3265

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.