Anyone else having issues receiving Emails from Portalarium?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurelius Silverson, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Situation is fairly simple, I have three accounts, two have emails at the ntlworld.com domain, and one uses a gmail address. Had a few issues with not all emails arriving to all the accounts a few years ago, but that resolved itself - until January.

The gmail one still gets all the notifications of livestreams, but the ntlworld ones stopped receiving them from 313, on 4 January - since then, those two have received nothing. Been through all the isp spam filters, nothing at all has been received, or blocked, from Portalarium since that date. They are not being 'bounced' or auto deleted, as far as I can trace. Both addresses are absolutely still valid, correctly recorded on the account pages, and if I buy anything for those accounts on the store the emails confirming purchase come through just fine (although the notification emails for those come from urpgregistration@portalarium.com rather than the connect@portalarium.com which is the source of the livestream update emails).

In the past, when there were problems the Portalarium answer was rather uninspiring (I got told their email distribution lists were done by MailChimp.... I'm sure that was true, but I'm also sure it was pretty irrelevant to the problem). I've checked as much as I can, and there's no indication either the specific email addresses or the ntlworld domain are on any blacklists, and equally there's nothing indicating anyone's mailing lists have blacklisted Portalarium.com so the first question I have is - is this happening to anyone else?

2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I would imagine from what you have said and from reading about MailChimp then the ntlworld servers are blocking the emails as they are passed through their system to you..

This is from their website...

About Receiving Servers
    Receiving servers get your campaigns from the sending servers at Mailchimp and transfer them to your recipients' inboxes. Once you've sent a campaign through Mailchimp, the receiving server analyzes your email's content and sender information before it allows the email to reach the recipient. Some servers have more aggressive spam filters and firewalls in place that can delay or prevent delivery. Unfortunately, Mailchimp has no control over this step in the process.

Most receiving servers have spam filters that use sophisticated algorithms to analyze lots of emails with a long list of criteria. If something about your email triggers a spam filter, it will likely delay delivery while it performs further analysis, but generally, your campaign would need to have multiple triggers to get filtered as spam.

It might be Potalarium they have on their bad list but more than likely be mailChimp themselves...something else from that page that indicates they have had this problem a few times and it stems from their end and not their clients...

Sending Server Reputation
    Mailchimp's sending reputation directly affects the delivery of your emails. If a sending server's IP address is flagged by spam filters, receiving servers will block emails from that address.

We work hard to maintain a great sending reputation by following best practices and giving our users the tools they need to stay compliant with anti-spam laws. When you send a campaign, our automated abuse-prevention system, Omnivore, scans your campaign and analyzes addresses that could affect the delivery of your campaign.

These measures help protect your sending reputation and ours, and help keep your campaigns out of spam filters.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Aurelius Silverson. If you are receiving all other mail except the connect@portalarium.com then it has to be a routing issue. If you look at the Headers of the email (on a mac you go to View and Message and All Headers you will see something like this:
    [​IMG]

In the email I received from connect it showed the email was recieved from mail100.atl281.mcsv.net and when I ran that thru mxtoolbox.com it shoed 1 blacklist and a few other small problems. My suggestion would be to call your email provider and tell them the problem and ask if they can whitelist this sender. Or call the company that is blacklisting it and ask them to whitelist it. Here is the info I got from mxtoolbox.com:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.