Tell me what you think about this idea for supply bundles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Worfgar, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

localization of loot and just dropping the junk out of the supple bundle roll chance.

Localization of loot would actually make it easier to find what you need without having to increase the rate at which they drop. Because if you want something specific you would farm it until you got it and move on. Right now the chance of getting a specific recipe or artifact is rediculous because it is 1 in 100 to get the drop then 1 in 100 that it is one that you need/want. This gets exponentially frustrating. Killing Vrull 100’s of Times for rings is not what you are killing Vrull for.

There should not be any, I repeat any chance that a blue, orange, or higher bundle should drop a piece of cake. This is rediculous clutter put in for know reason other than frustrating players who get bad rolls from RNG. If you are worried about flooding the economy then lower the number of items the bag drops but only include items of value there should be no junk in that draw.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

To your point, @Toadster - here's the chatlog from my opening an ORANGE Supply Bundle tonight:
    ORANGE Supply Bundles only drop off pretty tough stuff in pretty tough areas.
    Whatever happened to Risk vs Reward ?

Pathetic or ludicrous - not sure which is more appropriate.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  3. Morhir (IronFist Warhamm

Morhir (IronFist Warhamm Avatar

That is one pitiful and ludacris orange supply bundle @FrostII . I have had many a gray bundle with a whole lot more than that in it. Our crew got an orange couple weeks back and had just about the same thing in it. I wish we wold have screen shot the contents at the time. An orange supply bundle should always drop 1-2 artifacts or at least something of value....Once again, a Risk vs. Reward failure..... an RNG failure.

I'll roll ya on the piece of pumpkin pie. :) /roll100 Results = Ironfist rolls a 1.... DRATS!

4. Worfgar

Worfgar Avatar

@Chris @Bzus @DarkStarr @Lord British I implore you to please address this. As you can see by this thread and others loot needs to be addressed. Please make this a top priority in Q1.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

both

Dawgs of War and FrostII like this.
  6. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Rare within rare is too much RNG reliance. Feast or famine is disappointing and depressing. There should be a minimum value.

Disappointment: When reality falls short of expectation. -> This is what feast/famine RNG looks like all too often. If crappy loot is supposed to represent a critical failure 1d20=1 then I roll 1's about 95% of the time.

I'm not saying the ultra rares need to be any more common, but when you're already dealing with a rare bundle, then things like recipes, components, patterns, blueprints, etc. should be more common.

The solution could be to not only tier the available items in the bundle but to tier the minimum expected outcome equally.
    Create numbered array for each bundle starting at 1 (if array has to start at 0, make 0 anything because math below won't allow a 0 anyway since it will use an die roll simulating RNG)
    Order items in array by rarity and/or value.
    Assign array range to bundles. Grey = items 1-30 in loot table, yellow = 6-40, blue = 11-60, orange = 20-90
    Assign array ID# = value(X)
    Assign Bundle(Y) = value(Z) EX grey = 40, yellow = 60, blue = 80, orange = 100
    When opening a container an RNG calculates 1d(Z) and adds that item to loot, Subtract value(X) from Z and roll again until Z = or < minimum number in array range

As long as anything you want to limit the number of that is dropped is half+1 or higher in the array, you can't possibly get more than 1 per bundle, but you may have multiple rolls/chances to get it. It's like adding a balancing scale to bad luck. In this example, the worst thing an orange would drop would be multiple high end grey items, but more likely would be a few items in the mid/high end of yellow or blue with a rare chance at something only available in orange. The more you roll low numbers on the array, the more items you get, the more you roll high the less items you get.

As new loot is added, either items in the array can be replaced with newer items as old items value/desirability decrease, or the array can grow and the ranges be updated.

Honestly I'd much rather have loot bundles be much more rare but have much better loot tables more than anything though. If loot bundles are hard enough to get, getting good loot out of them shouldn't be just as, if not more, painful.

Dawgs of War and Worfgar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.