iMac NumPad not working properly? (help?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graemalkyn, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

I'm not sure if this is 'them' or 'me' but the number pad on my keyboard is no longer doing the 'pet commands' (1-9) or the 'nearby players' (0) or anything that it's supposedly supposed to be doing according to the "Options>Controls" window.

Instead, it's doing whatever's on my Hotbar....7 will cast Death Field, 9 will cast Torpor, because that's what's in those slots on the Hotbar. Any idea how I can get my 'pet commands' shortcuts back? Thanks much!

(Buy a real computer and get off the Mac is not on the table right now....) =P

2. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

Hello,

I can confirm this as an issue introduced by patch 940 and still existant in patch 944. Numbers, "+", "-" etc from keypad behave like their non-keypad brothers and sisters, effectively forfeiting their "keypad" identity.

Your report should go into the bug forum, though.

Graemalkyn likes this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Graemalkyn
    I have tried remapping the Keypad numbers on my MacBook Pro and have notices that when I an action to bind like "Pet Passive" which is usually "KeyPad 1" it now enters Just "1" which would explain why when you hit the "1" on your keypad it cast the glyph that is bound to the "1" key at the top of your Keyboard. I am not sure if this is a Mac Bug or a Port Bug because it seems that the Mac is sending the wrong key press. I would still bug it with Port so they can look into it. I will be watching to see if Port finds the issue. Thanks for finding and reporting this.

Thanks @Silberfarn, I was testing this as you were posting.

Graemalkyn likes this.
  4. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Or a Unity bug, which is most likely, since Port doesn't even have access to the code that does that. If you didn't update your OS recently, what else changed? Newer version of Unity! Chris has said that Port really has to keep up with them, because if you get too many versions behind, it becomes a total pain to upgrade to a newer version.

6. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

@Elwyn has a point. The issue got introduced with patch 940 on my sytem, everything else staying as before. If patch 940 changed a Unity component, then @Undone would have more clues.

7. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

So it's been a few weeks now, and I was wondering if there might be anything new on this. I'll confess, I use the number pad heavily for pet commands, and it's an integral part of my game play, so this is kind of a 'game breaker' for me. I haven't logged in at all since posting this except to pay my lot taxes, and I'm considering pulling up my properties so I can stop doing that. If this is an "impossible to fix because of Unity, and we have no idea when it might be fixable because Unity" then I'd like to just go ahead and put everything in storage and cut out. Check back in a few months and see if it might be working then.

Any new news on this, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.