Only allowed to place one Lot

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Wagram, Dec 27, 2013.

?

Should Land deeds be only one per account.

1. Yes

53.6%
  2. No

46.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It can't beleive this thread is still going on.

Are some people that bored that all they can find to do is whinge about virtual housing?

It's like a kid asking a question and you giving the answer and then getting the reply "but whyyyyy?"..... So you give them the same answer but worded a little differently, maybe in a simpler form........you get the reply "but whyyyy?" after a while you end up giving the kid some chocolate just to get some quiet.

But seriously people on here are adults...........all I can say is if they don't let me PK in this game, thank The Lord for selective multiplayer. I would find rez killing an absolute joy.

Uzume likes this.
  2. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

well it is so others that have not seen it can have their say

Caliya, BillRoy [ab] and mmjarec like this.
  3. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Well id rather hear peoples opinions thab someone griping about ppl voicing them

Caliya and BillRoy [ab] like this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

From my point of view I think a lot of the issues in this thread could be addressed within the games economy and it has the potential for affecting both ends of the scale. Essentially it comes down to how much in game currency can a player reasonably be expected to gain and pay out through rent.

Ignoring the add-on store and pledges for the moment consider the following randomly picked numbers:

On average a player gains roughly 100g an hour of game play.
    A plot and house cost 10,000 gold to purchase and rent is 1,000 a week.
    That player is then going to have to ensure as a minimum of 10 hours a week just to cover rent. Are they going to bother trying to finance 3-4 houses? If the in game economy is balance right (a huge task to balance!) then it shouldn't become an issue. Even with the introduction of add-on store purchases and backer / founder pledges if the gold gained an hour and the rent applied to housing is balanced the only thing being affected is the real money coming in to be used for game development.

People "could" buy multiple copies of the game and start their own SotA property consortium but how realistic would it be to keep up with the maintenance costs? The bottom end of the scale can also be considered for those people that play casually may not be able to afford to rent a house so are taken out of the problem in terms of limited number of plots. Renting out a house to other players is an option but would need to be worth while for the house owner to do it. Using the same figures if costs 1,000 rent and they charge a player 1,500 to try and break a profit how many "customers" are they going to get who can afford it? How long are they going to do it for before they realize the only way to get people into those houses is to lower the rent to a more affordable figure and thus become too much hassle for very little profit?

Of course the opposite could still be true:
    On average a player gains roughly 1,000g an hour of game play.
    A plot and house cost 100 gold to purchase and rent is 10 a week........

I'd be interested to find out how the economy in general will function to find out if (and indeed how big) housing will be an issue.

5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I agree, if the "external" economy is working in such a unique fashion, I bet the game's internal economy will be equally as exciting...maybe even more excitinger.:eek:

6. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Well im sure if someone has enough RL cash for multiple houses they can afford to buy gold if they cant make rent. Undoubtedly there will be plenty of gold farmers to buy from. No matter who the dev or what the game gold farmers are the one constant across every mmo

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It has been suggested that a single player who played a lot would find it incredibly difficult to pay rent on more than 2 houses without help from other people.

I would say that the average gamer will probably find it difficult to maintain more than one house.

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

That's what US dollars are for. I plan on paying my taxes on the taxed lot for the whole year up front. Then no worries.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I asked Darkstarr a week or so ago about housing. The is no plan to pay rent with $, it will be done ingame.

How you get the currency for the ingame transaction is another matter.

10. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Lord Balor Granitecrushe Avatar

I'm sure this has been posted, but can't find it.

As a Lord, what housing do I receive?

11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

At The Lord level you receive:

Lord house
    Town lot
    1-story town stone basement
    Knight house
    Edelman house
    Citizen house

If you are a benefactor you get the benefactor versions only. If you are a founder you get the founder and benefactor versions, plus the waterfront house variations.

12. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

village lot LIMITED QUANTITY (183 of 450 left)

13. High Baron O`Sullivan

I think we have learned that nothing is limited. I remember the DarkStarr moon dial was a limited time only item. Then was just put back in the store 2 months later.

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That is because there are a finite number of locations in the game to place a lot. The devs must have mapped out such and such a number beforehand.

I suspect if they run out, and there is sufficient demand, they can easily add another village on some unused hex in-game and allocate some more space.

Or were you referring to something else with your post ? :)

(Edit: Ninja'd again. Just not my day)

OSullivan likes this.
  15. High Baron O`Sullivan

16. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Wow. Am I going to have to purchase lots for those houses?

17. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I believe we only receive a single lot deed, regardless of pledge-level (please correct me if I am mistaken).

But we will receive one of each of the house deeds we are eligible for.

So, if you want to use them all *at the same time*, then you will need to purchase additional lots.

However, most users I believe will simply choose one of the house deeds they receive and place it on their lot, and keep the rest in storage. :)

18. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Makes sense, but Ill probably forgo multiple deeds . :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

19. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Funny, because (someone, who I won't name) posted 6 (or so) houses for rent in the Marketplace, for cash, and the Edelman beer recipe for $100, all of which have been removed only by today, but not before they were there to view for quite awhile. Now there is a webpage for his guild, where he will likely offer the same deal.

The abuses have already begun. And even if they're squelched or deleted in the forums, they are taking place, and will continue.

Renting houses for cash would be the equivalent of a game charging a monthly subscription fee, but instead of the developers making the money, the player does.

Black markets happen in every game, but the blatant use of a game to make real money - whether it comes out of Korean or Chinese gold farmers, or American or European, is no different. It's something that should be stopped because it does make the game worse for everyone.

Margard, BillRoy [ab] and wagram like this.
  20. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

unfortunately, there are always going to be people who feel they should profit from these type of items. Sad, in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.