Did Flurry get nerfed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It seems like the duration is a lot shorter now.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Time Lord likes this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I don't know, but it's important to a few of my characters o_O
    Too bad I haven't played in a while or I'd have an opinion :confused:

[​IMG]
    *bumped & watching the thread*

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I saw that too, my flurry is only 54 seconds now. But after using a 6-stack of it, hovering over the icon by my nameplate shows the duration as ~2 minutes. It appears that the tooltip is not displaying correctly/not correctly scaling when you stack it, but it's still casting correctly.

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Confessions of a Carpal Tunnel Flurry Man
    [​IMG]

Since we have so many people that use this skill posting here, I'd like to comment "how I'm using this skill" so I can maybe tell if I'm properly comprehending it's better uses (I haven't been playing in quite a while and only started back maybe 3-4 weeks ago).

I use Flurry because;

• I swings the blade faster
    • I have a bit of a problem with carpal tunnel and Flurry helps me cope with that wrist condition.
    :oops: Time Lord's Flurry Option #1:
    I find that when I'm fighting, I can either hit the Flurry button before mashing all the other sword strike buttons, while leaving a gap in-between mashing so the Flurry effect can fit it's single auto-swing into the mix.
    Or...
    :oops: Time Lord's Flurry Option #2:
    I just hit Flurry and sit back allowing the Flurry's auto-swing to do all the work for me.

I do get into button mash fighting because it does more damage, but when I'm running low on focus, I'll begin using the Flurry auto-strike as a fill-in, or just completely stop button mashing allowing the Flurry to do it's thing.

o_O One of the things I wonder about, is if Flurry is doing any good at all, when I haven't given it a chance for it to get that quick auto-swing in because I've been mashing all the buttons without pause or allowing time between swings. I also use off-hand in double wield blades on some of my characters, which I also find can help get in more swings, while I'm attempting to fit the off-hand strike between Flurry's swifter auto-swing.

:eek: I need more damage being produced when taking advantage or the auto-swing :confused: which the only way to do that, is to use a better crafted or enhanced blade.

I know it's lazy of me to just be using auto-swing sometimes, but it dose ease the workload on my hands when I'm out grinding up some cash and my hands are getting tired.

But when I'm out for larger game and needing to deal out some more serious damage, am I doing this right to fully take advantage in damage being dealt out per any given time limit?
    Flurry to me seems useless when I'm not allowing time for it to get in it's auto-swing between my other strike skills o_O but I've never compared and done a good damage study to find out what I'm truly doing :(

*Note to Self: do a timed study of damage dealt for each chosen way and compare o_O I think I'll try and do that today just so I'll know for sure :)

So, what do you think of all this o_O and how do you fit Flurry into your fighting mix?
    I'd personally like to be seeing auto-swing doing more damage than what it currently dose... "which I think is what's been NERFED since I last played our game" :confused:
    But Flurry truly does help allot in dealing with my carpal tunnel thing...
    Am I using Flurry in all the wrong ways?
    Do I truly know it's best uses?
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Cordelayne and Boris Mondragon like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For me, I've noticed flurry also speeds up "free auto attack" charging speed, and glyph charging when using the heat system, so those are to useful things Flury does do. If you don't allow auto attacks to happen between your skills, you will lose efficiency, and one neat trick if you play with offhand attack unlocked is that is does not affect glyphs global cooldown, meaning you can fit a second glyph in there.

When I am fully concentrated, what I do is : AA >Offhand > Skill, rinse and repeat, that way I can fit 3 hits in a very short period of time, with flurry, you can repeat this process more often!

Fenrus MacRath and Time Lord like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

With spec, it also increases the draw speed of glyphs.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...k-building-cards-or-heat-why-not-both.126507/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "Thank You So Much"

[​IMG]
    I found your truly terrific guide!
    :D~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Cordelayne and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's how I use Flurry. I charge it up to 5 and my auto attacks are 52.8% faster for one minute and 48 seconds. While my auto attack is plinking away, I'm charging up other attacks. Flurry also reduces the charge time of free attack by the same amount (52.8%) but it unfortunately has no affect on the charge time of other skills. However, if you use unlocked cards in your deck and you have Light Armor Specialization then you will get a small draw speed boost.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: Very interesting @Barugon ,

:eek: The Flurry of a Time Lord :p:
    I recently changed one of my more strangely leveling characters ((( a female character named "Pure Water" which was created for my RL newlywed wife, but she's a candy crush queen of which I can't seem to pull her away from... "really, always in the top 3 of any candy crush server"... *but I digress*... )))...
    This character is now targeted in training to become the ultimate in "carpal tunnel luxury" with flurry as it's main skill.

:cool: The Pure Water Project Mission Statement:
    The total idea of this character now is to target it to be the best example of a character that all persons that suffer from carpal tunnel can hope to play with an extremely minimal amount of any finger movement necessary.

:oops: To demonstrate just how strange this character is thus far, here are her current early skills stats:

• 23 dodge
    • 41 evasion
    • 79 flurry
    • 59 swiftness
    • 51 acrobatics

• 53 bladed combat
    • 59 blade speed
    • 29 vital points
    • 15 blade mastery
    • 20 thrust
    • 20 riposte

• 45 healthy
    • 40 parry
    The other skills are so low they're not important to be yet mentioned.
    I just recently pulled her out of storage as I was too busy working on other characters.
    I've been using an "instance line" (from basement to above ground and back) to hasten the flurry cool-down, allowing for a more easy rapid rise in her flurry skill. (Hit the flurry 5 times, jump down the basement hatch, hit flurry 5 more times and repeat).
    The character has around 1/2 a million exp pooled due to having shut off as many non-flurry connected skills as possible. Any left over or excess exp after reaching a reasonable goal, will then go towards other essential skills such as off-hand strike and whirling blades. o_O By necessity, this is a very speed oriented character.

o_O My question to all here in the thread, @Barugon ,@Cora Cuz'avich , @Violette Dyonisys , is...
    Questions:

• Which would do better to achieve the set goals to master in, Blades, Tactics, or Light Armor?
    • How high can flurry progress and what or where can I find how much increased speed can be achieved within the flurry skill? I can't seen to be able to find that information anywhere :confused:

Much thanks for any comments or questions in this Carpal Tunnel Relief Quest.

[​IMG]
    :)~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I use flurry with free-attack instead of auto attack. I focus on attacking speed rather than charging glyph as it seems to be the bread and butter of blades (quick attacks and high crit chance) and it allows me to use movment speed and cover to mitigate damage as im not relyant on standing in a targets face auto attacking to deal damage.

I 6 charge flurry, I have 5 offhand attacks in deck, 1'st spot is only drawing offhand attack, second slot draws offhand attack and double slash, third spot draws thrust (and rend if im not fighting undead). The glyph draw speed of flurry allows me to instantly drop my charged attack and pop up to 2 offhand attacks with a doubleslash or thrust in roughly 1 second. My dps is significantly lower without flurry active.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I took Flurry from 100 to 120 in order to get 5% more speed for 5 more seconds.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: Dang! That's allot of flurry! How much faster than normal is that?
    [​IMG]
    Now at 79 Flurry, mine reads +33.8% Attack Speed for 41.4 Seconds.
    o_O it makes me wonder what a reasonable stopping point should be.

Where you're at, do you think it's worth it now or nerfed?

Now at 80 flurry, +34% attack speed for 41.7 seconds <---<<< I wonder if that climb rate remains the same for each additional skill point added.
    +.2 AS and +.3 Second per point added? That would mean at 120 (where you are) is +42 AS for 54.7 seconds? Guessing...

~TL~

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Chris said that increase from skills/spells/passives should always be linear, since the experience cost is already giving "Diminishing returns". He said that if the increase in numbers offered diminishing returns too, it would be a double strike and he wants to avoid that, so yes, it should be, and if you notice that it isn't, report it!

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

At lvl100, the tooltip says +42.1% attack speed for 54.6 seconds. With specialization, that also adds a +.4 draw speed modifier. A six-stack at lvl100 gives +52.6% attack speed for 54.6 seconds, and +.6 draw speed modifier. But the tooltip is broken and isn't showing the time increase from stacking, so I actually get ~2minutes for a six-stack.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Charging it to 5 gives me +52.8% attack speed for ~1:48. I've spent the last couple releases grinding to get my DPS up.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. golruul

golruul Avatar

So somewhat off topic, but for anyone that uses both heavy and light armor, does light armor melee + flurry beat heavy armor melee + berserk in the general sense of killing-of-enemies? I've always wondered but could never afford the xp to test it out.

Boris Mondragon and Time Lord like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Not off topic at all if you ask me :D Unless you can dance around in combat and not go toe to toe, then light armor in my view is like asking to be everyone's side kick but mo one's hero. For me, light armor is what the medic wears, things like light armor flurry and other light armor skills are for jumping in to help finish off the weak monster and heal up the heroes.

o_O Or maybe you're a mage with a light armor melee as a secondary attack capability.
    Other's here are more informed than I am, but those are my views after having made many light armor melee characters.
    It's like being Robin to someone else's Batman in my view. Very helpful, but never the hero.
    ~Time Lord~

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If your specialized in tactics, the bonus to crit damage and str from bezerker stance blows flurry away. Then you have the extra str and knights grace in heavy too. The problem with heavy is the fizzle if you want to cast things like ring of fire or meteor shower stacked up, you do not want any fizzle and if you dont use wands, just a chain chest alone gives too much fizzle.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Probably. However, I seem to be doing pretty good with lots of dodge, flurry, death shield (next on the 120 list), fireflies, etc.

[edit] I did not take the easy path for sure though.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Boris Mondragon and Time Lord like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Wow! :rolleyes: It's a long way to even get to death shield!

o_O But this is what a discussion of any light armor skill comes down to because it all seems connected when building a character's skills. "Then maybe later forgetting some of that got you to your goal???" o_O I don't know...

It's been fun playing with attempting to "game" the character mentioned above up her targeted skill ladder. One of the downsides with having progressed her the way I did was that "all" her non-flurry related skills were frozen at levels that would be only suitable for #1 Skull hunting areas. After having taken her exp down to around 200,000... I then released all other blade skills to rise which has totally drained my exp pool due to those all rising very quickly.
    :eek: 21-36-10 That's all she's got! (21 str, 36 dex, 10 intel). She's nothing but fast weak and stupid :confused: LOL :D and she's not really fast enough to make any real combat impact. I'm going to have to shut off "all skill gains" in order to refill her exp pool before moving forward with her again, or the skills won't rise in an even manner if I run her on a dry exp pool.

:rolleyes: My other light armor flurry characters did not artificially game their flurry up. They all gained naturally without shutting any skills off to regain exp. Maybe there will be some benefit for having raised her skills this way, but I can recommend following the same process for now. I got her to 80 disregarding all other skills, but what did that truly gain for me... I think nothing, but it was worth a try to find out.
    ~TL~

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.