1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Feature causing rage

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Feral Crafter, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You can't argue about taste - but you can argue about a good coffee or a good tea.
    And I know no fast food chain serving good coffee ...

May be it's the old truth about sh** in - sh** out ...

Good water, good organic coffee or tea - that's how it should taste ...

Nowadays I often look out the window and think about what it was like years ago, when we could get water without worry - just took a kettle or bucket and got water from the river or well ...
    No pollution, no poison, no bad taste ...

And how dull we all are when we buy drinking water and think it's normal (!)
    And how easy are we to do it daily when we say we are not important - only the money counts ...

No, everyone - who does or does not do something - counts ...
    Equal, if the mass won't care ;)

Well, back to the thread:
    Threatening isn't the right way to have things changed nowadays.
    Find bugs, report them. And give Feedback.
    And important: don't expect, your idea is as genious, that they will change it immediately ...
    And if you can't live with it - leave it ... or be happy with what you still have, counting on people who try to do their best.
    (Nobody is perfect).

To take Greyfox' example about coffee:
    I think, it's like most people do it: tasting a coffee the first time (awful!), after I think: okay, may be that was an exception.
    Trying a second time (awful again)! May be(!) I give it another try - months later -
    But if this also fails, I wasn't seen again buying any coffee / tea in that store ;)

CatherineRose likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Many of you may not remember but a whole ago, "immersion" meant "you can do literally nothing in combat mode".

It turns out it wasn't immersive, it was just frustrating.

Immersion is NOT putting things that trip up players into the UI.

While thus one may have not affected any of us in this thread (that we remember, I could easily have been tripped up by it years ago), the answer to every UI friction spot is "we should write that down for the hugely needed UI overhaul, so it doesn't make it into the updated version" NOT "stop crying because id it didn't happen to me it is not important"

Right now the UI is a big pile of little irritations. It's good he mentioned this, hopefully it is seen and noted.

Rinaldi likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The problem we are having with this complaint is understanding it, is he trying to equip/unequip his Pickaxe before/after every node? Is he trying to wield it to mine? Is he simply trying to replace one when it is broken?

The only time I have issues with tools is when doing batch crafting with breakable tools, not paying attention at all to my screen and trying to craft with a broken tool, while having my chat only chatbox open, so I dont even see the warning that it is broken even though it is clearly shown in the UI.

I understand you have a MAJOR issue with the UI Vlad, but stop making everything about it. Sometimes we are simply lacking the info from OP, and the issue might be 2 feet from the screen.

Bedawyn, FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I watched two minutes of it, enough to see the guy doesn't know the name of the game he's playing but thinks it's great to issue ultimatums to developers and threaten to troll a game if he doesn't get what he wants. I think it's great of you guys to try to actually figure out his problem and help him, though. You all have more patience than I do :D

Echondas likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Having worked in customer service for a company whose main focus is their customer service, I give EVERYONE a chance, until they become aggressive towards me insulting without any listening done.

Rinaldi, Echondas and margaritte like this.
  6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I don't know, I honestly don't remember trying. Next time I harvest, I'll have to test it.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I watched the OP's video before I went to bed, which is 20 mins of my life that I will never get back, but I slept well :rolleyes:
    Looking at the index of what his other Videos have been on, he has a few "Dear Developers" for other games. It seems he a Game Critic.
    So I will paraphrase, so no one else needs to watch it (& bump his View Count up > which I believe was his motivation for posting)

IMHO.... His OP about switching Crafting tools, and being frustrated by the mechanics, was a Red Herring, to gain attention.

In his Video intro, he talked about how he was developing his own game, which is taking 1000's of hours and has lost motivation & it's not an enjoyable process, but his vision for End Game is.

Then he lists various "Points" he will address....
    POINT 1.
    He wants to be a Crafter & not have to fight anything & feels that being a low level player is useless > No one wants anything he will craft, No one wants anything he could harvest.
    Seems he hasn't played enough to realise that raw materials are heavily sought after by Crafters i.e. Beetle Carapaces, Ore & Timber etc

In his next "Points" he contradicts his own previous statements consistently in each point.

His FINAL POINT
    Addresses the End Game, where he feels that there should be no Low Levels; everyone should be Level 1 and everyone should start the game fully skilled, with the best gear & should be able to go out and kill anything, anywhere to enjoy the game. o_O

This he feels is the Key to a Fun and Rewarding Game...
    Please note: He has not been back to this Forum, since his OP.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

So he was simply fetching for views, wanting mechanics a little like Runescape/Runescape private servers, and not seeming to know much about this game...

Yup, Like I predicted, this is not a UI problem but a problem that is 2 feet away from the screen. Sorry for your time lost Synergy, hope you can recover from the trauma!

margaritte and Rinaldi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.