Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Can't move almost anything on two of my lots

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vladamir Begemot, Sep 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

09/20/2019 22:32
    Title: Can't move almost anything on two of my lots
    Reproduction Rate:Many times
    Blocker?Yes
    Details:I can't move or place anything but lights and containers of two of the three lots I tested. On the third, everything moves fine. I am not finding a difference in permissions options between the one that is working correctly and the two that aren't.
    Steps to Reproduce:Come to this location. The metal Kobold building isn't working correctly. The Tree is. The four story elven is not.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32721
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.872.Date.09.20.19
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/S Mart Factorium
    Area Display Name: S Mart Factorium
    Loc: (44.5, 78.0, -3.2)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UyBNYXJ0IEZhY3Rvcml1bXwoNDQuNDk0LCA3Ny45OTYsIC0zLjIyMil8KDAsIC0wLjk2OSwgMCwgLTAuMjQ4KXw4NjEuMTIyM3w1Mi4yOTI0OXw2Ljc3ODU0NQ==

Jay Nord likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Same for town deco, can move lights and public chest, not other things.

3. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

I am having the same issue, with the exception of trees. It seems as though I can move trees perfectly fine. Everything else is red and snaps back into position as soon as I let it go.

(This pertains to POT items as well as items on my lots.)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 65429
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.872.Date.09.20.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Llanvier
    Area Display Name: Llanvier
    Loc: (-2.5, 36.0, -270.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfExsYW52aWVyfCgtMi41MzcsIDM2LjAyMywgLTI3MC43MjQpfCgwLCAtMC45NjUsIDAsIC0wLjI2Myl8MTQ4LjUwNzl8MTguOTEwMTZ8OC4yNDI2MTM=

ETA: I THOUGHT I could move trees. But I cannot. They also draw differently than they should or used to when they were valid items for movement. Now if I grab one and try to move it - whether or not it's to a valid location - it will turn red and be invalid after that first attempt.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  4. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

Same issue. This is happening in a shogun 2 story row on a village lot (limit of 28 items, if I pick something up, I can put something else down), Viking Two-Story Stronghold on a village lot, Viking (Village) on a City lot, but NOT in my Viking Two-Story w/Dual Balconies on a Town lot. It is also happening in the Ornate Three-Story Viking Crafting Pavilion on a village lot where I am a co-owner.

I can move the basement hatch and lights and containers, but not "items". I picked up every single item in the Viking (Village) on a City lot and it shows 0/1125 internal items placed and I can't put a single thing back down. This City lot is showing the same behavior outside, too. I can move lights and containers, but not other items. Same with the Viking Two-Story Stronghold on a village lot and the Ornate Three-Story Viking Crafting Pavilion on a village lot - can move lights outside, but not items.

I can move everything on a village lot with no house on it.

The Town lot house and yard have no issues at all. My Storefront Two-Story row house on a row lot also seems fine, as is my viking 3-story row on a row lot. I'm thinking town and row lots are probably unaffected, but if anyone can verify that .... :)

Confirming POT (Hammaburg), too - I can move lights, but not other items on POT land.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Ok. I tried moving items on your lot. Looks like most of the decos are not placable/movable - UI gives a red "can't place here" icon and the deco is shaded red. I was able to move a crafting station and the containers seem to move without issue.

Thanks to everyone for alerting us to this issue. (Issue #65720) We're going to investigate.

6. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the reports! This has been fixed for an upcoming patch.

7. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

This issue is now resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.